Location App support thread

Apologies posted a thread in the POI section, then realised it probably better suited in here as an App issue...

Not sure if it’s been reported or not..... but when browsing locations and selecting an embedded standard google POI (golf course, historic site etc) the Provided link takes you correctly to google map location (opening up separate GM Window etc) but when returning to the WC App it is now frozen and requires you close the App and start again.
This is a bug in IOS that they are supposed to fix on the nest release.
If it does freeze press the home button then go back to the app and it should unfreeze.

I know this has been mentioned in earlier posts, but am a bit concerned that I can't use the app where there's no Internet / Mobile signal.

I found that out recently the hard way Whilst in the Yorkshire Dales.... the prelude was the loss of DAB reception....

I know this has been mentioned in earlier posts, but am a bit concerned that I can't use the app where there's no Internet / Mobile signal.

Our app has never worked offline, it has always been online only. The cost of offline mapping is more than a members membership fee based on the numbers we have using the app. So, we won't be adding offline mapping in the future. You use our POI data on the maps.me app that does support offline mapping.

Our app has never worked offline, it has always been online only. The cost of offline mapping is more than a members membership fee based on the numbers we have using the app. So, we won't be adding offline mapping in the future. You use our POI data on the maps.me app that does support offline mapping.
I didn't realise that it's still possible to download the poi data?

I generally like the app, well done. Could I suggest a couple of incremental improvements?
1) Stop the back button shutting the app down. I've had a couple occasions adding new locations etc where I've written all the text, on a tablet on-screen keyboard, and I can't see a back button, so use the main tablet "back" button to close the keyboard, at which point the app closes and the painfully entered data disappears. [old Samsung tab on Android 4.22]
2) Encourage people to list land ownership... esp in respect of having returned from Cornwall where many /most wild spots are National Trust "car parks" and now all have "no overnight parking" signs up after covid escapees trashing some. Hopefully closed just for this year. Flagging NT pois would have saved a load of hassle!
3) possibly add more types of score, different members need different things, often just from differing van types. Perhaps ratings for rural setting, view, exposure to view, to weather etc. Access to village, beach, etc

Apologies posted a thread in the POI section, then realised it probably better suited in here as an App issue...

Not sure if it’s been reported or not..... but when browsing locations and selecting an embedded standard google POI (golf course, historic site etc) the Provided link takes you correctly to google map location (opening up separate GM Window etc) but when returning to the WC App it is now frozen and requires you close the App and start again.
This issue appears to now be fixed in IOS 14. I have tested the app on five different devices running IOS 14.

Phil

I like the new app! The only issue I have is not being able to see myself moving along like we used to. I can locate myself but once I move the map/zoom out the cross doesn't mean anything anymore. Is there a setting I have missed?

I like the new app! The only issue I have is not being able to see myself moving along like we used to. I can locate myself but once I move the map/zoom out the cross doesn't mean anything anymore. Is there a setting I have missed?
This feature has not been implemented yet but I will add it in a later version.

The app won’t find my location so I have to set it manually. Obviously this is difficult if not impossible while on the move. I’ve read the instructions for app and made sure location is on in safari in settings. I’m using iPhone 6plus, with the latest software updated.

Any suggestions please, as it reduces the apps usability a lot.

Thanks.

The app won’t find my location so I have to set it manually. Obviously this is difficult if not impossible while on the move. I’ve read the instructions for app and made sure location is on in safari in settings. I’m using iPhone 6plus, with the latest software updated.

Any suggestions please, as it reduces the apps usability a lot.

Thanks.

Hit near me then give the app permission to use your position.
You will then find a cross where you are positioned and surrounding near bye POIs.

Sadly, my point is that it doesn’t fund my location when I do that. It just says ‘fail to locate’.

Please post your Location App questions or comments in this thread.

Can you please make sure that you have read the instructions BEFORE posting questions or issues as there is a FAQ at the of them.

Phil
Hi is this app available on an iphone or do I have to log on to the website to access it?

Sorry but we do not have the financial resources to pay for an offline mapping service. I did a survey of members and offline mapping was low on the list of required features.
You can download the POIs and use them in sat nav, including Maps.me

I don't seem to be getting all the markers coming up on the app at the moment. For instance I've got no public houses showing. Is the app playing up or is it something on my settings?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back