Lidl have got the oil change pumps £9.99

Each year i also use Forte Advanced Formula Motor Flush as per the instructions on the bottle.

I use engine flush as well but some people worry that it can move larger bits around engine and cause problems/blockages - at least it is a personal choice using it or not

I use engine flush as well but some people worry that it can move larger bits around engine and cause problems/blockages - at least it is a personal choice using it or not

I`ve used engine flush on it since new and a few years back i had to change the sump pan due to the condition it was on the outside, rusted beyond belief o_O

It`s a well known problem with the X230 and X244 series 2.8 engines in Peugeot, Fiat and Citroens.

At that stage it had done nearly 70,000 miles and i was staggered at the condition of the bottom end of the engine when i removed the old pan.

It literally was like new and the inside of the old pan had no sludge / debris in it what so ever, it was just the outside that was rusted to hell :mad:

I shall continue with my regime and i`m a little surprised we haven`t had the usual doom and gloom merchants coming on saying i`m doing it all wrong :unsure:

I`ve used engine flush on it since new and a few years back i had to change the sump pan due to the condition it was on the outside, rusted beyond belief o_O

It`s a well known problem with the X230 and X244 series 2.8 engines in Peugeot, Fiat and Citroens.

At that stage it had done nearly 70,000 miles and i was staggered at the condition of the bottom end of the engine when i removed the old pan.

It literally was like new and the inside of the old pan had no sludge / debris in it what so ever, it was just the outside that was rusted to hell :mad:

I shall continue with my regime and i`m a little surprised we haven`t had the usual doom and gloom merchants coming on saying i`m doing it all wrong :unsure:
The problem is from old engines that dont get flushed every time - probably all down to the carbon build up and small/large solid particles dislodge and block/restrict oilways and the engine gets damaged

Dont think it matters whether people use a flush or not they just need to be aware of what can happen - in probably a very few cases

If it is working for you then carry on it certainly won’t do any harm.but modern oils have cleaning agents in them, and as long as they are serviced on time the engine shouldn’t have any build up of gunge.

I looked at the list. There isn’t a Hirsute Canine on there yet. 🙄🤬

The oil filter is horizontal Trev and the oil gets everywhere if you do that on my model :mad:
Yes i remember old toyotas had the upside- down,we used to remove the coil lead and crank them over to the oil light went out before a proper start up.

Ok from new but never on a old engine,i drive hard and dirt never gets time to settle,my last car sump and rocker cover was as clean as new at 314000 miles.

If it is working for you then carry on it certainly won’t do any harm.but modern oils have cleaning agents in them, and as long as they are serviced on time the engine shouldn’t have any build up of gunge.
Only if run hot and hard so oil can collect the dirt when the long chain polymers roll out and roll up again when cool, when the oil gets saturated then its time for a change.
This is why a oil has two numbers , ie 10/40 stc , 10 viscsosity cold when lc polymers rolled up and 40 when they unroll making the oil thicker when hot,lots to read on the net regarding oils if you have a lost day to do so.:sleep:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back