Lefty loosey. Rightie tightie

I tie my shoes in a weird way.

My first day at primary school aged 5 and we were all told to untie our shoes and retie them. I just couldn't do it! The lad sitting next to me said "try it this way" - basically forming 2 loops and then half hitching them. I still do the same to this day which people often comment on.
That's how my Dad used to tie his and Diane does her shoe laces all weird :unsure:

Regards,
Del

I tie my shoes in a weird way.

My first day at primary school aged 5 and we were all told to untie our shoes and retie them. I just couldn't do it! The lad sitting next to me said "try it this way" - basically forming 2 loops and then half hitching them. I still do the same to this day which people often comment on.
I’m glad I’m not the only one. My first laced shoes were the same day as I started school. Talk about embarrassment, I had to ask a girl to tie mine. I never could tie them the way everyone else does. There are so few normal people. ;)

Whether the bottle has a left hand or a right hand thread all the regulator valves still open and close the same way don't they, which will be what the customs man will be referring too when checking that the valve is closed before getting on the train.

Whether the bottle has a left hand or a right hand thread all the regulator valves still open and close the same way don't they, which will be what the customs man will be referring too when checking that the valve is closed before getting on the train.
Quash is supplied in bottles, gas is contained in cylinders.

We have left-hand threads for several reasons.
One to recognise a burning gas, Some burning gases have a bayonet fitting which may come undone by turning it anti-clockwise.
The second is to prevent the turning motion of a driven nut. IE; to stop a driven nut from coming loose, Like a bike pedal.
A left-hand thread nut has a line going around its circumference on the flats.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back