Lefty loosey. Rightie tightie

Having a thick moment here...
Butane and Propane are both flammable, correct?
Yet they have different handed threads.

learnt that off my old man when i was having problems turning off taps around 1952 . like when you learn which shoe goes on which foot -small 'v' good , big 'v' bad [ the gap between the toes of the shoes when placed together ]

What is wrong with clockwise and anti clockwise? Whether loosening or tightening something your spanner goes round in a circle and spends as much time going left as right depending on whether it is above or below the nut.

learnt that off my old man when i was having problems turning off taps around 1952 . like when you learn which shoe goes on which foot -small 'v' good , big 'v' bad [ the gap between the toes of the shoes when placed together ]

I tie my shoes in a weird way.

My first day at primary school aged 5 and we were all told to untie our shoes and retie them. I just couldn't do it! The lad sitting next to me said "try it this way" - basically forming 2 loops and then half hitching them. I still do the same to this day which people often comment on.

I would guess there might be several on here where it doesn't apply to nearside wheel nuts.

They all should have notches in the nuts so that you can identify a flammable gas fitting and that they will have a left hand thread.

Like this?

giphy.gif

I tie my shoes in a weird way.

My first day at primary school aged 5 and we were all told to untie our shoes and retie them. I just couldn't do it! The lad sitting next to me said "try it this way" - basically forming 2 loops and then half hitching them. I still do the same to this day which people often comment on.
You always tie me in knots on here Rob, now I know why :ROFLMAO:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back