Launderette POIs for Britain

SamCaine

Launderette POIs

Greetings,

I've created a set of POI files for KIS/Revolution outdoor launderettes in the UK, Portugal, and the Netherlands (so far). They list all of the outdoor launderettes, like the one in the photo, that I can find.

I've only included POIs for the limited number of Satnavs the programme I use can compile for, so I apologise if the Satnav you use isn't included. I only use a TomTom, so that's the only one the files have been tested on.

Before using please read the Readme document included in the zip.

Over the next few weeks/months/years I'll be doing something similar for countries in Europe, if I can find the information needed. So if anybody knows the location of them I'd appreciate the information in the form of lat/long or an accurate address, thanks.

Disclaimer: These POI files have only been tested on my personal TomTom Satnav. By downloading this file and loading the POI file(s) to your own device(s) you agree to take responsibility for their use, I will not be held liable for any resulting problem.

I hope people find it useful.View attachment Launderette_UK.zipView attachment Launderette_PT.zip

Attachments

• KIS launderette.jpg
    KIS launderette.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 236
  • Launderette_NL.zip
    38.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
One of my daughters works at a petrol station near Hull (or on the outskirts) they have just had washers and dryers fitted that take up to 18lbs. Would you like details of where this is or you want to stick with the one type?

One of my daughters works at a petrol station near Hull (or on the outskirts) they have just had washers and dryers fitted that take up to 18lbs. Would you like details of where this is or you want to stick with the one type?

Thanks, I'm pretty sure that one is already in my files. It's ones on continental Europe I'm looking for now :)

Greetings,

I've created a set of POI files for KIS/Revolution outdoor launderettes in Great Britain (I'll be adding NI in the next week). They list all of the outdoor launderettes, like the one in the photo, that I can find (just under a hundred).

I've only included POIs for the limited number of Satnavs the programme I use can compile for, so I apologise if the Satnav you use isn't included. I only use a TomTom, so that's the only one the files have been tested on.

Over the next few weeks/months/years I'll be doing something similar for countries in Europe, if I can find the information needed. So if anybody knows the location of them I'd appreciate the information in the form of lat/long or an accurate address, thanks.

I hope people find it useful.

View attachment 68765

View attachment 68764

Very useful . Didn't know these places existed . Thank you

Thanks, I'm pretty sure that one is already in my files. It's ones on continental Europe I'm looking for now :)

The canal boat fraternity have a list see here
Laundrette List – Aylesbury Canal Society
However there is a charge.

As for Europe we have found a few at Hypermarkets and large sypermarkets such LeCLerk, Intermarche and Super U
Photome who do the passport photos also provide laverie automatique in many places in France.
Laverie Revolution Compact - Photomaton
You can use this site to find a launderette near your location (helps if you know some French!)

The canal boat fraternity have a list see here
Laundrette List – Aylesbury Canal Society
However there is a charge.

As for Europe we have found a few at Hypermarkets and large sypermarkets such LeCLerk, Intermarche and Super U
Photome who do the passport photos also provide laverie automatique in many places in France.
Laverie Revolution Compact - Photomaton
You can use this site to find a launderette near your location (helps if you know some French!)

I've just had a look at the French one. That is exactly what I'm looking for, thank you. My schoolboy (failed) French is coming in handy and I've managed to find out where they all are. There are around 100 in the UK, according to that site/map there are 85 in Brittany alone!

Thanks again.

Greetings,

I've created a set of POI files for KIS/Revolution outdoor launderettes in Great Britain (I'll be adding NI in the next week). They list all of the outdoor launderettes, like the one in the photo, that I can find (just under a hundred).

I hope people find it useful.

View attachment 68765

View attachment 68764

I think this is a fantastic idea. To help people who don't have compatible Satnavs, could this idea possibly be added to our official Wildcamping POI's?

The last couple of summers in France & Spain it seemed like these laundrettes were everywhere, until we actually needed to do our laundry, when mysteriously they were nowhere to be found!!

I normally use a SatNav app on my phone called Navmii, but unfortunately I didn't save all the laundrettes we found. However, I have listed the few locations I did manage to save. I hope this helps.

Motorhome Service Point and laundrette
St Javier, Spain
37.49.05N 0.49.06W

Laundrette
Cap d'Agdh, South of France
43.17.08N 3.30.48E

Laundrette
Near Troyes, France
48.40.09N 4.11.28E

Laundrette at Leclerc supermarket
Pontivy, France
48.04.06N .56.48W

I also remember there is one at the garage at Lomas de Cabo Roig, Cabo Roig, Spain, and one at the garage in the centre of Hardelot, France.

I think this is a fantastic idea. To help people who don't have compatible Satnavs, could this idea possibly be added to our official Wildcamping POI's?

The last couple of summers in France & Spain it seemed like these laundrettes were everywhere, until we actually needed to do our laundry, when mysteriously they were nowhere to be found!!

I normally use a SatNav app on my phone called Navmii, but unfortunately I didn't save all the laundrettes we found. However, I have listed the few locations I did manage to save. I hope this helps.

Motorhome Service Point and laundrette
St Javier, Spain
37.49.05N 0.49.06W

Laundrette
Cap d'Agdh, South of France
43.17.08N 3.30.48E

Laundrette
Near Troyes, France
48.40.09N 4.11.28E

Laundrette at Leclerc supermarket
Pontivy, France
48.04.06N .56.48W

I also remember there is one at the garage at Lomas de Cabo Roig, Cabo Roig, Spain, and one at the garage in the centre of Hardelot, France.

Thanks V1nny, that really helps with the French ones.

I saw one of these installed at Pwllheli and payment could be made by contactless card.

I wonder if this is true of all the installations?

A fantastic idea and well done you ,it should help stinkers like me.:scared::wave:

Now updated

Here's the latest UK file, one new location in Britain and all Northern Irish launderettes added. If you downloaded and installed the original POIs for Britain, you should delete that and install this UK version now.

Also added is a set of POIs for launderettes in Portugal. I can't guarantee the precise location of all these as I got the list from someone else by way of a Google Maps file, but they are at the very least in the same street. I will endeavour to verify all these in due course, but I'm currently working on creating a set of POIs for launderettes in the RoI.

Please read the README file included with the zips.

Disclaimer: These POI files have only been tested on my personal TomTom Satnav. By downloading this file and loading the POI file(s) to your own device(s) you agree to take responsibility for their use, I will not be held liable for any resulting problem.

Attachments

• Launderette_PT.zip
    133.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Launderette_UK.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 120
Added launderettes for the Netherlands to the OP.

Please note the disclaimer on the first page.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back