KM to MPH

Hi, Kate. Just found the answer to your probs. on e.bay ,;)

Go to item no. 300192971647 and have a look at this product, if you don't think this is the answer,then e.mail the seller and give him your requirments, looks genuine and only a tenner.:cool:

Good luck
Hi lenny
thank you for reply. can you, or anyone else please tell me the dial size in the hymer b544 model 1996. its on my Moms drive, and we both have this flu bug at the moment. I have looked at the item on ebay, just want the size.
Kind Regards Julie

Hi lenny
thank you for reply. can you, or anyone else please tell me the dial size in the hymer b544 model 1996. its on my Moms drive, and we both have this flu bug at the moment. I have looked at the item on ebay, just want the size.
Kind Regards Julie
You have a PSA: Fiat,Citroën,Peugeot. The make doesn't matter.All the parts are the same. The only diference is the logo badge on the front. Alltough the same original part could have different prices between the brands.:eek:

You have a PSA: Fiat,Citroën,Peugeot. The make doesn't matter.All the parts are the same. The only diference is the logo badge on the front. Alltough the same original part could have different prices between the brands.:eek:

whats PSA mean?
Julie:)

whats PSA mean?
Julie:)

Hi Julie.

PSA stands for Peugeot Société Anonyme.

See here for more Info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_Peugeot_Citroën

However the Information you have been given is not correct.

Your "van" is a what is known as a "Sevel" van built in the Sevel Sud factory in Italy.

It is basicly a Fiat (Ducato) built van, but also supplied to and marketed by the PSA group as, Peugeot (Boxer) and Citreon (Jumper), or earlier versions as the Talbot Express.

See here for more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Ducato#First_generation_.281981.E2.80.931993.29

I would also like to add that there are differences, mainly engine options, between the Fiat and the PSA versions.

I hope you find this information usefull, I have tried not to be too technical or long winded so it is a very brief rundown, and the whole history is considerably more complex.

Psa

Hi Julie.

PSA stands for Peugeot Société Anonyme.

See here for more Info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSA_Peugeot_Citroën

However the Information you have been given is not correct.

Your "van" is a what is known as a "Sevel" van built in the Sevel Sud factory in Italy.

It is basicly a Fiat (Ducato) built van, but also supplied to and marketed by the PSA group as, Peugeot (Boxer) and Citreon (Jumper), or earlier versions as the Talbot Express.

See here for more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Ducato#First_generation_.281981.E2.80.931993.29

I would also like to add that there are differences, mainly engine options, between the Fiat and the PSA versions.

I hope you find this information usefull, I have tried not to be too technical or long winded so it is a very brief rundown, and the whole history is considerably more complex.

Hi Geoff
Just had a look at the Links thank you. I am still none the wiser sorry. Are you saying its a fiat, with the Hymer b544 body on it?
Regards Julie

it looks like whoever has done the mot tests dont seem to think it is important to have a mph speedo fitted, and i am not 100% shure if it is a legal requirement. but as i am off work at the mo i will call at my local mot station and find out, i will post my findings later. but even if it is not a legal requirement i should think that it will save any probs with speeding fines and points to do a quick change from kph to mph hope this helps.
hi i went to my local mot station , this is what the mot tester told me. (ahh err dunno but i think it is a legal reqirement to have a mph calibrated speedo, but it is not classed as a fail only if the speedo is inoperative ). has yours a secondary scale that reads mph on the dial, i do hope he is as informed on mot requirements when my van is in for its mot:D .

Hi Geoff
Just had a look at the Links thank you. I am still none the wiser sorry. Are you saying its a fiat, with the Hymer b544 body on it?
Regards Julie

Hi Julie.

Yes. The chassis and engine (running gear) is supplied by Fiat (or Peugeot) and the body is then fitted by Hymer.

km/MPH

you are welcome ***** , even if it is not a legal requirement to have a mph speedo. i think to replace kph ones to mph will save a lot of hard earned cash on speeding fines, not to say about the points :eek: on the old licence. it is a easy job to replace the instrument pod .
Hi mandrake
This is what I found on Department of Transport Site
Imperial Speedometer
Great Britain uses imperial units for speed measurement. The law requires that speedometers must include a miles-per-hour display. Please note in particular that any modified display must be visible in daylight and in darkness.

Markings may be added to the existing speedometer provided they are:

accurate;
durable;
can be seen clearly in daylight and when the instrument is lit during darkness

A British registered vehicle has to have a MPH speedometer clearly visible in the dark (this makes stick on ones a little suspect) :eek: and Head lamps dipping to the left.
Also the fog light has to be on the rear OFF side or middle. (not on the near side for the UK):eek:
If you have saved a vast amount of dosh by buying abroad, it would be worth paying out to fit UK headlamps and a UK speedometer for piece of mind:D

Dito, as above

Hi
I know my Hymer is ok, and just passed MOT ok, but is it ok by law to have the KM readout? I am new to this, so just do not know. Maybe I have to change it to read MPH?
Kind Regards Julie

Julie if its passed its mot its ok all hgv trucks in the Uk are all in KM,s and i have driven alot in my time as long as you know what MPH is in KM,s there is no problem

Rob Atkin

The Law

Julie if its passed its mot its ok all hgv trucks in the Uk are all in KM,s and i have driven alot in my time as long as you know what MPH is in KM,s there is no problem

Rob Atkin

Sorry, but you are wrong.:eek:
UK trucks are in both KM,s and MPH.
It is a matter of law that your vehicle must show MPH clearly and readable at night:D
The chances are that you would get away with it!, BUT, in the unlikely event that you were involved in an accident and specifically speed related, your insurance company could if they really wanted think about wriggling out of any claim:eek: and you know what insurance companies are like now a days;):rolleyes::eek:
Your decision and only yours:D
I am just pointing out the legalities:)

Last edited by a moderator:
km/MPH

Rob Atkin

Hi Bigmerc
My Husband was a hgv1, and psv1. All the trucks have mph/km on the dial, so yes thats ok. But if dial is just km, then as stated, its not by law.
Kind Regards Julie

Hi Bigmerc
My Husband was a hgv1, and psv1. All the trucks have mph/km on the dial, so yes thats ok. But if dial is just km, then as stated, its not by law.
Kind Regards Julie

i think an overlay in either kph or mph witch ever you require would be an easier answer you would just have to stick it over your existing dial face may be you could make this yourself
and see both at the same time and if both were the same size text shurly this would satisify both countrys ? just a guess
i have been looking for something like this for my motor as the eyes are getting older and the kph on my dial are so small and in red i find them hard to see
may be some other member has a soloution we could both use ?

Last edited:
i think an overlay in either kph or mph witch ever you require would be an easier answer you would just have to stick it over your existing dial face may be you could make this yourself
and see both at the same time and if both were the same size text shurly this would satisify both countrys ? just a guess
i have been looking for something like this for my motor as the eyes are getting older and the kph on my dial are so small and in red i find them hard to see
may be some other member has a soloution we could both use ?
i produced my own,scan in to a photo editing suite and pt your numbers in the appropriate place, print making sure the size is accurate and there is no distortion cut out and you have your own overlay. couldn't get hold of a pro made one £35 even if you can.mine is just as accurate

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back