Jackery ?

Treated ourselves to a Tesla Powerwall and Gateway backup battery for the house recently. Since installation we have had 2 significant power cuts, neither of which we were aware of until I got a text from SSE telling me we had a power cut!! The (13.5kw) Powerwall islands the house from the grid immediately and continues powering the house until either it is drained or the power comes back on again when it switches back to grid power automatically.

Treated ourselves to a Tesla Powerwall and Gateway backup battery for the house recently. Since installation we have had 2 significant power cuts, neither of which we were aware of until I got a text from SSE telling me we had a power cut!! The (13.5kw) Powerwall islands the house from the grid immediately and continues powering the house until either it is drained or the power comes back on again when it switches back to grid power automatically.
I watched 'BobbyL' video discussing his powerwall, he had been unaware of any power cuts until he checked up.

Whats good is when you dont know the powers off until a neighbour knocks the door and asks why you have lights on, then they see the TV etc..

Don't have a powerwall have a Huawei fusion system twice as powerful (31kw) and cheaper, solar generally keeps it topped up from April to October then charge it between 02:00 - 06:00 at 10.5p/kw.

The workshop also has solar and an Eco Flow unit, same as the house generally no electricity bill April to October and 10.5/kw rest of the year.

Whats good is when you dont know the powers off until a neighbour knocks the door and asks why you have lights on, then they see the TV etc..

Don't have a powerwall have a Huawei fusion system twice as powerful (31kw) and cheaper, solar generally keeps it topped up from April to October then charge it between 02:00 - 06:00 at 10.5p/kw.

The workshop also has solar and an Eco Flow unit, same as the house generally no electricity bill April to October and 10.5/kw rest of the year.
That happened to a mate, when next door came round and ask how was he watching tv, he replied oh ours is all gas here, chap said oh right and went home. :unsure:

Thanks all for feed back …
I’m still looking a lots of reviews on YouTube, and I have convinced myself it won’t be another purchase that won’t get used.

Did you install this yourself or was it done by an installer. I’m interested as I have 4kw of solar and would like to go down the battery storage route.

Thinking of getting one but no ideas where to start. We do have solar which charges up phones etc but would like something as extra back up.

Recommendations please ?
hi i’ve just installed an ecoflow Delta 2 into my T5 transporter and it’s really good only take aprox one an half hour to charge to full capacit, has four 240 volt outlets/ four UsB outlets / two USB-C outlets, ive set it up to charge from the hookup via a two way switch too, which means i can switch from either hookup to delta2 to run my 240 volt system, jackery are good but they take longer to charge up, but it depends on what your individual needs are,

hi this is my setup i’ve wire it into a two way switch so i can switch from the Delta power station to hookup giving me 240volt when ever i need it, with this i’ve installed a socket that also becomes live when i plug into hookup, this enables me to charge the delta unit when on site, also have solar charging too,

Attachments

• 16CA402A-60A3-44A3-AE78-58D8D4DBF893.png
    16CA402A-60A3-44A3-AE78-58D8D4DBF893.png
    4 MB · Views: 57
Thanks all for feed back …
I’m still looking a lots of reviews on YouTube, and I have convinced myself it won’t be another purchase that won’t get used.
You should do a needs assessment, what do you want to power?

In the van I use an EcoFlow river max, it’s greatest advantage in the van is I can boil the kettle without getting up.

I spend a lot of time beside race circuits, there it also boils the kettle, runs my portable cooler and gives me mains power and usb for ”other stuff” that I generally don’t need too often.

Its useless for home off grid back up, but it will power some stuff in a black out, but how many black outs do you have to deal with and for how long?

I also have a Delta 2, but that stays in my works van and is a life saver many times over, power tools, lights etc and again kettle, but you’ll need to charge it by solar and use it a lot for it to make financial sense Unless your MH use profile is driving most days and then high power demand while stationary, in which case it’s a great option.

Again it’s possible to change your home electricity tariff to give you cheap electricity between 2-6am (they don’t check if you have an ev) run all your appliances (dish washer, washing machine etc) during that time and charge a Delta 2, then run TV, lights etc off that, but it won’t return the investment/effort.

Even with the access to a discount (which you have) it’s not financially viable, but as a comfort backup only you can decide.

Did you install this yourself or was it done by an installer. I’m interested as I have 4kw of solar and would like to go down the battery storage route.
For those interested in battery solar storage for the house this is our solar production and where it went to today in NE Scotland. Of the 17kwh produced free of charge from the sun 6.6 went to powering the house and 8.9 went to charging the battery which is now running the house as it’s dark. The 1.9 that was sent to the grid was when we were out and couldn’t switch anything on. Since the system was installed just over 2 months ago the only power taken from the grid has been at our off peak tariff of 4.5p/kWh (including charging 2 electric cars) and we have not used any on peak power (37p/kWh) at all in that time. We do have oil central heating so our daily electricity consumption is only around 10 to 15 kWh, excluding EV charging.
Really pleased with the system and the savings it brings.

5AB53B17-3390-4BBA-BBDB-E9EEAFD9CC00.jpeg

I thought about one over the winter. Found a couple on ebay SH. Found a couple of extra panels that looked a bit more robust. Wondered how it would work and then decided to add a couple of extra panels to the roof. At least that way you can charge the battery anywhere. So have 360w solar and 120A lithium

I thought about one over the winter. Found a couple on ebay SH. Found a couple of extra panels that looked a bit more robust. Wondered how it would work and then decided to add a couple of extra panels to the roof. At least that way you can charge the battery anywhere. So have 360w solar and 120A lithium
Id tend to fit an extra battery to make use of all that excess power.

I have a Bluetti EB70 for home use. I bought it to charge our e-bikes which are kept in a barn without mains power. We have also had 4 power cuts in the last year and it has proved very useful for keeping CPAP, phones and router powered. Not everyone needs one but for us it can be very useful. I don’t usually take it away in the motorhome.

If you are buying something of the type my advice would be make sure it has a LiFePO4 battery, many don’t. LiFePO4 are inherently safer and have a better cycle life than other Li-ion types.

After much umming and ahhhing we decided to buy this one.
For what we need it for I’m hoping it’s good enough 😊

Attachments

• IMG_0924.png
    IMG_0924.png
    1 MB · Views: 41

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back