ITV 1 HD Missing off freesat?

Are new boxes expensive?

Nah I dont think so. I got my last one a Humax FOC of @Tezza33 on here. I wish I had kept it though when I sold Hank but it all happened so fast, never had time. It was a good unit that one. Ive more or less sussed this one out now anyway but its crap in comparison. For the amount of time it gets used its not that important. I suspect it will get used more in Europe next year though but we will have to see how far the 85cm dish foot print works. Personally as said, I wouldnt miss it.

Finally sorted it. I had about given up. Did a full blind scan and just the same channels and none of the ITV1 HD's worked (there are half a dozen or so).
It probably depend on the tuner how the various ITV1s are described. On a Sky Box, it tells you which ITV1 (and which BBC1, etc) is which, so it is very simple to choose a specific region to watch if you don't want the default region that matches the Post Code you put in.
On my Avtex TV with the Freesat tuner, it just tells you "ITV1" (or "BBC1 say) multiple times - and there also does not seem to be a way to change the names either, so even if you spend time working out which ITV1 is for region, you still can't name it.

Apart from that, love my Motorhome Satellite system :)

I then started exploring manually setting ITV1 HD but couldnt find the up to date details and even then figuring out how to manually add or edit it seemed impossible and more likely to ferk it up. Whilst doing that I wondered what TP scan did so chose that and chose free channels for the scan. That worked. Got ITV 1 HD back now.

What a faff on though. This box is crap. Gets really hot as well and Im sure it uses way more power than it maybe should.

Anyway, working for now so thanks for all the help. :D

You see less and less dishes up these days for sure. They really aren't needed providing you can get a decent 4g signal or WiFi of course. I guess you can get TVs that have Freesat tuners in them? No need for a box then. This Akura TV has been good though. I bet it's about 12 years old. Only draws 14 watts. :D

Our home TV has Prime and Netflix embedded but the remote is that shite I just cast from my phone now, it's much easier to search for stuff too.

We don't use the satellite much in the van but Michelle wanted to watch ITV1 tonight. I think there has been a shake up this week on ITV switching off SD finally or moving stuff about but even after a retune none of my ITV1 HD channels work. ITV1 Plus one does work.

Anyone else lost ITV1? or managed to get it back?

Personally I don't care. I would rather rip the thing off and put an extra solar panel in its place. :D

She can watch it on her laptop of course which is what she is doing right now but she likes to have that free so she can do other stuff at the same time. Apparently women can do that.
Does she knit and crochet at the same time as well

I meant to say. Looks like the other ITV channels were messed up but the TP scan brought them back. You then have to mess around re adding them to favourites. Its archaic but the old Camos Dome was the same. If you are missing an ITV channels then a retune is required.

I've been using a Max View manual dish for 10+ yrs recently upgraded my sat receiver to a HD one but am having difficulty finding the channels as the new box's I've tried 2 are very slow responding. I'd been using a Maxview receiver the one with the blue teardrop Can anyone suggest a replacement TIA

I use a Freesat receiver at home occasionally. Freesat has a few +1 channels that Freeview does not and it is handy if programmes clash at the same time. I wish I had spent a bit more and got the Freesat box that also records programmes but I only bought the box as a backwatch for emergencies.

I use a Freesat receiver at home occasionally. Freesat has a few +1 channels that Freeview does not and it is handy if programmes clash at the same time. I wish I had spent a bit more and got the Freesat box that also records programmes but I only bought the box as a backwatch for emergencies.
I have a Humax Freesat with twin tuners, I can watch one channel and record another or watch a recording and record two channels, we fill the harddrive with programs that we like so that if we don't get a signal we can still have something to watch

Not for a good few years now as Netflix is more better for us as we can watch individual stuff.

We used to have a Kenwood PVR and did the same,

Some of our channels in the house went off last week after a retune. I then discovered via tinternet that freesat have moved them into empty spaces to make room for more channels. i.e. Quest is now on 144 instead of 167.

Some of our channels in the house went off last week after a retune. I then discovered via tinternet that freesat have moved them into empty spaces to make room for more channels. i.e. Quest is now on 144 instead of 167.

I never get the numbers. On both my Camos Dome with two different sat boxes and this new Amico mini box the channel listings never correspond to anything in the guides. I always add the channels we might watch to a favourites list but the main list of 1200+ channels is just random.

I never get the numbers. On both my Camos Dome with two different sat boxes and this new Amico mini box the channel listings never correspond to anything in the guides. I always add the channels we might watch to a favourites list but the main list of 1200+ channels is just random.
The Amiko Mini box isn't Freesat (it is only a satellite receiver), so the numbers wouldn't be the same if you had them.
All Freesat boxes and TVs have to conform to Freesat's guide and numbering system.

The Amiko Mini box isn't Freesat (it is only a satellite receiver), so the numbers wouldn't be the same if you had them.
All Freesat boxes and TVs have to conform to Freesat's guide and numbering system.

What was the one you sent me then? I liked that one. Pity I let it go. Anyway, it doesnt matter. It works, thats the main thing. Its hardly got used on this trip (Thank God) :D

As this, a Freesat box will number the channels 'correctly' and have a proper EPG, a FTV box will number the channels as it finds them and I've not seen one that gives more than 'now and next' on EPG.

I have a Humax Freesat with twin tuners, I can watch one channel and record another or watch a recording and record two channels, we fill the harddrive with programs that we like so that if we don't get a signal we can still have something to watch
Humax 320gB excellent Freesat box, I have one I use in our French holiday home , £50 used on ebay, would have one in the van but the TV is Freesat anyway and with a SD card recording system which works fine.

Back