ITV 1 HD Missing off freesat?

barryd

We don't use the satellite much in the van but Michelle wanted to watch ITV1 tonight. I think there has been a shake up this week on ITV switching off SD finally or moving stuff about but even after a retune none of my ITV1 HD channels work. ITV1 Plus one does work.

Anyone else lost ITV1? or managed to get it back?

Personally I don't care. I would rather rip the thing off and put an extra solar panel in its place. :D

She can watch it on her laptop of course which is what she is doing right now but she likes to have that free so she can do other stuff at the same time. Apparently women can do that.

1000021086.jpg
working for me

My TV in the house announced earlier that I need to re-tune so maybe it’s a Nationwide thing, we’re on an Ariel for TV reception.

My TV in the house announced earlier that I need to re-tune so maybe it’s a Nationwide thing, we’re on an Ariel for TV reception.

Maybe. Ill try it again in a couple of days. Just seems a right faff now considering everything is online.

Yes, sorry. However is that freesat or freeview. Looks like its inside your house.
Freesat, well as wildebus pointed out Freesat through a Sky box, non subscription, I'd of thought the same signal. Anyway is it working now?

Also while we're on HD TV I see both FreeSat & FreeView HD are 1080 definition, but I definitely get a clearer picture on FreeSat, anyone else?

Also while we're on HD TV I see both FreeSat & FreeView HD are 1080 definition, but I definitely get a clearer picture on FreeSat, anyone else?
I have Freeview in the lounge and Freesat in the bedroom at home, Freesat is always a little bit sharper, I thought it might be the different TV's but after swapping them it is definitely a slightly better picture on Freesat

Freesat, well as wildebus pointed out Freesat through a Sky box, non subscription, I'd of thought the same signal. Anyway is it working now?

Cheers. Maybe its different I dunno. This is through an Amiko Mini Combo Extra box. I can't check it now as the dish is down and the TV got put away. Ill put it up in a bit and see if its on.

Cheers. Maybe its different I dunno. This is through an Amiko Mini Combo Extra box. I can't check it now as the dish is down and the TV got put away. Ill put it up in a bit and see if its on.
1000021100.jpg

on FreeSat TV, though it did take a few minutes to come through, maybe it retuned itself.

Finally sorted it. I had about given up. Did a full blind scan and just the same channels and none of the ITV1 HD's worked (there are half a dozen or so). I then started exploring manually setting ITV1 HD but couldnt find the up to date details and even then figuring out how to manually add or edit it seemed impossible and more likely to ferk it up. Whilst doing that I wondered what TP scan did so chose that and chose free channels for the scan. That worked. Got ITV 1 HD back now.

What a faff on though. This box is crap. Gets really hot as well and Im sure it uses way more power than it maybe should.

Anyway, working for now so thanks for all the help. :D

Back