It's snowing here ... (please add area / town / village / postcode etc)

Just come from Inverness to Wick, Lybster to Wick, A99 has mix of sections, 1" hard packed and some soft, quite drivable with a bit of care.
Cheers all
B

Black ice

We are full timing at present on a CL site at Sedgefield, County Durham.

This morning we set at 09:30 in our Smart car towards the A1(M). On getting onto the road from the farm gate we had to cross over a carrageway (road to Wynyard A689) as it is dualed at this point. After crossing the central reservation area we tried to turn onto our lane and almost flipped over on black ice. We took it easy to the roundabout and returned to the van. Better to delay what we were planning than to finish up in an accident.

That is the beauty of being retired.

John

Just rain here in Old Colwyn, 7C forecast to get warmer this week, so no snow for Christmas unless you're on the tops of the mountains perhaps

We are full timing at present on a CL site at Sedgefield, County Durham.

This morning we set at 09:30 in our Smart car towards the A1(M). On getting onto the road from the farm gate we had to cross over a carrageway (road to Wynyard A689) as it is dualed at this point. After crossing the central reservation area we tried to turn onto our lane and almost flipped over on black ice. We took it easy to the roundabout and returned to the van. Better to delay what we were planning than to finish up in an accident.

That is the beauty of being retired.

John

Bit of a change from wintering in Spain isn't it? We too are in the UK this winter (well, at least until after Christmas) and have suffered the effects of the recent black ice. Jenny went out to do some shopping, slid along the pavement, fell over and crawled straight back again - we'll make do with the supplies we've got! Hope there was no damage to you or the car - have a good christmas and just think about how you might spend next winter!

Bit of a change from wintering in Spain isn't it? We too are in the UK this winter (well, at least until after Christmas) and have suffered the effects of the recent black ice. Jenny went out to do some shopping, slid along the pavement, fell over and crawled straight back again - we'll make do with the supplies we've got! Hope there was no damage to you or the car - have a good christmas and just think about how you might spend next winter!

Thanks John. No. There was no damage. As Joan put on the power the car kicked and rocked. It is the first time it has done it with Joan. Just before we went full time I took it to the shops and on return as I braked lightly infront of the house in snow. it spun four or five times and I finished up five doors down the street in the direction I had come from facing the opposite way to where I wanted to be. Thank god there were no other cars to hit.

We plan to head south in early January. We are still waiting for DVLA to return Joan's licence to drive the Motorhome (C1+E).

We hope Jenny is OK and you both can get back to Spain ASAP.

John and Joan

Thanks John. No. There was no damage. As Joan put on the power the car kicked and rocked. It is the first time it has done it with Joan. Just before we went full time I took it to the shops and on return as I braked lightly infront of the house in snow. it spun four or five times and I finished up five doors down the street in the direction I had come from facing the opposite way to where I wanted to be. Thank god there were no other cars to hit.

We plan to head south in early January. We are still waiting for DVLA to return Joan's licence to drive the Motorhome (C1+E).

We hope Jenny is OK and you both can get back to Spain ASAP.

John and Joan

Thanks - yes she is ok. A bit shaken up and a few bruises but nothing serious thank goodness. Nothing that the thought of future sun won't cure!

Today still mild and wet for anyone planning hogmannay on skye/Western Isles

It snowed in Coventry on sunday, lovely big fat snow flakes. Just remarked to my niece that we may have a white christmas for a change, then it stopped after 3 minutes. I feel cheated :mad1:

It's just started snowing here at Shap in Cumbria... just light fairy flakes at the moment but the sky is a solid light grey colour and looking out to the west I can see the snow falling on the fells... here it comes.... time to dash out and fill the coal bucket, put some salt down in the yard and outside the front door, get the snow shovel out of the shed, get the sledge and Rigg's harness ready...

Stay warm and safe everyone. Enjoy the snow over the weekend, let's hope its all gone by Monday.

Coming down thick and fast now, can't see the fells anymore. But just been outside and can't believe the temperature difference, so much "warmer" than it has been for several days.

It's just started snowing here at Shap in Cumbria... just light fairy flakes at the moment but the sky is a solid light grey colour and looking out to the west I can see the snow falling on the fells... here it comes.... time to dash out and fill the coal bucket, put some salt down in the yard and outside the front door, get the snow shovel out of the shed, get the sledge and Rigg's harness ready...

Stay warm and safe everyone. Enjoy the snow over the weekend, let's hope its all gone by Monday.
well it chilly here no snow you have to dig yourself out wel as far as coal shed

according to the forecast, it's going to be heading your way later, they've forecast 5 - 10 cm for central pennine area.

no snow in lincs wolds yet but think on way pipes frozen in van :sad:

We are going to get it tonight in Hertfordshire. It's my Dads 81st tomorrow I am supposed to be going over to Essex tonight. I hope we don't get too much!

clear blue skies here in donny but freezin,it says we have a 60% of snow tonite

Not a even sniff of snow in the Guildford area, beautiful sunny day and +8 degrees. Had to take layers OFF on dog walk :)

............ but tell that to the shoppers. Tescos was mental :mad1::mad1: Worse than xmas :mad::help:

Southern softies afraid they'll get snowed in for two weeks :danger: :lol-053:

No Southern Softies on this forum though, we're all going to Stonhenge in a few days :cool1: :cool:

Drive safely :drive:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back