It's snowing here ... (please add area / town / village / postcode etc)

whitevanwoman

:drive: I thought it might be useful to have updates from around the country with regards to winter driving and weather conditions.

So to kick it off,

East Cumbria, M6 junctions 36 - 40 (Kendal to Penrith), its been snowing off and on here for 24 hours, quite mushy and wet but a couple of inches now underfoot at lower levels. Fells are white and rural roads could be tricky. Motorway appears to be clear. Outside temp is 0C so driving conditions likely to be difficult tonight if it freezes.

Macclesfield - Cat & Fiddle Pass to Buxton closed by snow.

We've been having snow and hail showers intermittently all last night and all today just north of Macc in Bollington.

Roads here OK, pavements slippery!

Nothing on the North Wales coast, but I can see it in the mountains, probably the road between Betws and Blaenau Ffestiniog will have some.

(Mind you, with so many boycotting Betws y Coed, this isn't so much of a problem!!)

About 5C on the coast at 1536 dropping. See ::: Live Weather ::: Rhos on Sea and North Wales useful if you're coming this way in better weather or enjoy WC at the extreme.

What other weather stations around that maybe of use??

Had to scrape my windscreen when I finished work at 6am this morning but no snow yet. Probably not far away though!!

Light covering of snow in County Durham. Roads are OK 16:21 temp 1.3°C.

It was snowing like crazy in upper wharfedale this morning, roughly about 3"!!
We drove into Nidderdale and not even a flake of the sfuff.
We are currently in Ilkley, no snow here either.
Those weathermen eh? They do struggle to get it right, I had a look at the BBC forcast online this morning and all that was mentioned was some sleet! Believe me, it was like Siberia!

Mainly sleet and slush rain lincs wolds feels bloody cold in camper need to boil up some broth :cheers:

Stoke-on-Trent

nothing here :sad:
Looked like it might last night and very early this morning but none, just very cold!

Windy sleet and hail showers here. Hasselt, The Netherlands.

Here in Sheffield i put more salt on mi chips than we've had snow but, as predicted, absolute chaos for me going to work, everybody driving as if it wo 10ft deep

Jen xx

Some occasional very heavy snow showers at low level here in Renfrewshire, but roads are fine at low level. A bit interesting on small roads higher up though, and lots of ice forecast for tonight.

clear on notts derbys leics border today - last night was hairy on the M1 between Juncts 25-26, an inch orso of slushy stuff, no visible white lines, and very slippery with a blizzard to drive into. Two really nasty accidents within about 100yrds - one on each carriageway. It had been clear but then suddenly driving snow and road surface were awful ...... good reminder to take it steady, even if it seems ok

No snow yet in east yorkshire but woke this morning to ice on the the car and very slippery roads .
Just empted all the tanks in the M/H dont want to have to replace the onboard water pump again.
So upto now east coast is clear of snow.

No snow in east anglia yet but had to scrape the car this morning. Nice sunny day tho`but a bit raw with the wind.

Temporarily staying in Grantham so cold and a bit icy @ 5am but travelled south from Doncaster depot to Cheltenham and it was bright and sunny until we came north again.

Driving a van from Doncaster to Ayr and back tomorrow, wish me luck :eek:

PS. I'm glad i advised them a couple of weeks ago to fit WINTER TYRES to the crafter now :wacko:

Yeah! Good luck Scotsy, I think you might need it after today and tonight.

Its great driving in Scotland in snow, they keep the roads clear, all the time, they never seem to have a problem, i was in Dunkeld last year, its only a smallish villiage, snow was piled high at the edge but roads were great,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back