It doesn’t make sense

RichardHelen262

We are just having an extension built to the side of the house, so have had to move the motorhome off the drive,
Helen has her own private Ambulance service so has large garages and yard, so we took the motorhome to her work place for
4 to 6 weeks, it is parked inside an alarmed building that is inside a large yard with 6ft electric gates, both the garage and yard are covered by Cctv, there is staff there 24/7.
So today I as per Comfort insurance terms an conditions I informed them that the motorhome wouldn’t be at home for the next 4 to 6 weeks, I explained where it had been taken to and the security that is in place,
For them to tell me that they wouldn’t cover it whilst it is parked there, but if I park it on a family member or friends drive or on the road outside my house then they would cover it, unfortunately our street is too narrow to park on safely, and everyone I know don’t have room on their drives for a motorhome.

illogical.jpg

We are just having an extension built to the side of the house, so have had to move the motorhome off the drive,
Helen has her own private Ambulance service so has large garages and yard, so we took the motorhome to her work place for
4 to 6 weeks, it is parked inside an alarmed building that is inside a large yard with 6ft electric gates, both the garage and yard are covered by Cctv, there is staff there 24/7.
So today I as per Comfort insurance terms an conditions I informed them that the motorhome wouldn’t be at home for the next 4 to 6 weeks, I explained where it had been taken to and the security that is in place,
For them to tell me that they wouldn’t cover it whilst it is parked there, but if I park it on a family member or friends drive or on the road outside my house then they would cover it, unfortunately our street is too narrow to park on safely, and everyone I know don’t have room on their drives for a motorhome.
Agree, totally illogical, ask them for a formal complaint form and if not satisfied get the ombudsman involved.

Had this before, as much as it doesn’t make sense at first you just insure it at home and say nowt (I know you think honesty is the best policy) the place the insurance is based on is THE NORMAL PLACE THE VEHICLE IS KEPT 4 to 6 weeks is an exception not the norm.

In 2013 my sports car was kept at work for 2 weeks, during that time the building burnt down and destroyed the car, I expected an issue but not so, the loss adjuster asked why it was there, I explained it was being deep cleaned and I was out of the country so couldn’t drive it home, they simply asked if it normally was garaged at work and I said no.

End of issue, as it was NORMALLY at home, if you think it through it makes sense, your abroad for some weeks and the vans not at home but it’s insured.

We have an empty driveway at the moment Richard, you are welcome to park it here. Stone is considered a low crime area, besides, our car would block it in most of the time and we have wheel clamp you can use.

Same thing happened to daughter and son-in-law with their caravan.

Whilst doing some work on their house it would be easier without the caravan on the drive so they thought about taking it down to their workshops for a couple of weeks and to keep eveything prim and proper then rang their insurance company.

NO :mad: ............................................ said the insurance company so they brought it here and put it on our front, well off the road and behind closed gates.

It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission🤦🏻‍♂️.
I know what you are saying, but as you know insurance companies will use the slightest excuse not to pay out,
I am confident that the motorhome wouldn’t be stolen as I have a lot of different security on it, and the place I want to keep it at whilst I have the building work done is probably one of the most secure places in our town

I know what you are saying, but as you know insurance companies will use the slightest excuse not to pay out,
I am confident that the motorhome wouldn’t be stolen as I have a lot of different security on it, and the place I want to keep it at whilst I have the building work done is probably one of the most secure places in our town
When dealing with insurance companies give them as little information as you can. That way the less they can use against in event of a claim.

When asked if I had an alarm no
when asked if I had a tracker no
when asked if I had a wheel clamp no , I have all . All get out clauses for ins .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back