Island tourist chiefs slam MSP's motorhome tax plan

"Quite clearly whether we like it or not the SNP are the majority party in Scotland ."

So my nonsense is that of 129 seats the SNP have 63 and are therefore a minority?
I think that even the SNP would find it hard to turn that arithmetic into them having a majority.

I've posted the figures . The Scottish government is an SNP government they have a coalition agreement with the greens . The Scottish electoral system is designed to cause coalitions .
Not sure what your argument is anymore apart from your consistent , blinkered snpbad agenda . I have raised several relevant points on these threads regarding tourist
taxes , R.E.T. etc . Neither yourself or kelpie have answered any relevant points , you seem incapable of taking a balanced view when talking about the Scottish government

[QUOTE runnach]
Puts a whole new meaning on "getting yer Jolie's"

Of course the RET has been positive. With islanders reaping the rewards of more people able to afford what were costly ferry crossings. No one is disputing this point.

Main point is, when the going gets good, what do the politicians want to do, milk us for more cash, or propose this. Just so happens the MSP in question is SNP. If he were labour, I have no doubt the above posts on this thread, would be in a similar vein.
See my reply to 2cv . Yes politicians may do that . Not sure what this guys motivation for suggesting this motorhome levy . Is he responding to complaints from constituents ? Does he dislike motorhomes ?
Like it or not the huge increase in traffic [not just motorhomes] as well as bringing lots of trade does also cause infrastructure problems . Don't think 'Flora MacDonalds Cosy Cafe' is going to use their new found prosperity to resurface the main street

Last edited:

"Quite clearly whether we like it or not the SNP are the majority party in Scotland ."

So my nonsense is that of 129 seats the SNP have 63 and are therefore a minority?
I think that even the SNP would find it hard to turn that arithmetic into them having a majority.

Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics :)

You *could* say the SNP is the Majority Party in that of all the Political Parties in Scotland, they have more seats then anyone other single party?
Of course, in the 2015 UK Election, they won 56 out of the 59 seats IIRC, which means they won 95% of the available seats, despite only winning 30% of the cast votes. But the feeling amongst SNP supporters is apparently is that the other 70% of the people who voted elsewhere should not be allowed to make any adverse comment about the SNP, as that party were clearly and obviously so popular as they got 95% of the seats (this last point unfortunately is what a lot of the population of England actually believe as the actual vote count gets forgotten).
And of course that 95% of the seats gave the SNP the supposed mandate to call for indyref2 (despite indyref being a once in a generation event), although they conveniently ignored that the 30% SNP vote was significantly less then the clear minority of 40% who voted LEAVE a year earlier.

Lies, Damn Lies, Statistics and the SNP.

Maybe the wider political side of the relatively insignificant action of an SNP msp proposing a tax on motorhomes to visit an area is not best discussed on a motorhome forum.
It is good however that the suffering of those in Scotland under their government, be that uncertainty about independence or simply paying higher taxes for them to squander, should be seen by those elsewhere in the UK.
As services crumble under their mishandling I think it's only a matter of time before they lose power, maybe take a while to rebuild education and policing for example.
Roads near where I live have had no street lighting for a while, but we're assured that it will be sorted by late November. This is Scotland under SNP government.
Meanwhile I am sure that a few zealots will continue their blind support, they do seem good at creating zealots.

Maybe the wider political side of the relatively insignificant action of an SNP msp proposing a tax on motorhomes to visit an area is not best discussed on a motorhome forum.
It is good however that the suffering of those in Scotland under their government, be that uncertainty about independence or simply paying higher taxes for them to squander, should be seen by those elsewhere in the UK.
As services crumble under their mishandling I think it's only a matter of time before they lose power, maybe take a while to rebuild education and policing for example.
Roads near where I live have had no street lighting for a while, but we're assured that it will be sorted by late November. This is Scotland under SNP government.
Meanwhile I am sure that a few zealots will continue their blind support, they do seem good at creating zealots.

I don't blindly support anybody/any political party etc . I do call sh*te when somebody posts what I think is sh*te .
You are off and running again , street lights not working ? Fault of the SNP , may well be . By implication nowhere else in Britain has been waiting on street lighting repairs etc because only under the SNP do things not get fixed .
You call people zealots [a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals] , hopefully you are being ironic

Did the SNP steal yer ball when ye were a wee laddie?

dear o dear :(
who is suffering? proof/ links?
who is paying higher taxes? proof link?
what services are crumbling? proof link
dear o dear mate you really need to stop reading the msm and listing to rooth the mooth!!!

Education - 93.3% of young people are going to into education, training or employment when they leave school, hmm I think that's quite good.
police and roads I totally agree with you, but the SNP did ask for x years to see the fruition of the merger.

you really need to stop heating your own country :)

21768028_1370849779680213_7929869022309371287_n.jpg

I don't blindly support anybody/any political party etc . I do call sh*te when somebody posts what I think is sh*te .
You are off and running again , street lights not working ? Fault of the SNP , may well be . By implication nowhere else in Britain has been waiting on street lighting repairs etc because only under the SNP do things not get fixed .
You call people zealots [a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals] , hopefully you are being ironic

you are wasting your time lad ;( really nive guys C2V is just a pity he is so brain washed by the yoons really should move to England as the roads are paved with gold and no SNP :)

Yo mate, hows things? I can't speak for crime figures, but they sure fecked up many of the mergers put upon us, I only have to look at my own work to see how the situation is, ETC were pressurised to merge, we had a surplus of approx 10 mill, now the whole merged organisation is flat on its arse.

things are good mate, just sorting all my crap out after my 3 month tour :) went past your house otherday but it did not look as if you were in so did not stop :)) hope all is well ............

dear o dear :(
who is suffering? proof/ links?
who is paying higher taxes? proof link?
what services are crumbling? proof link
dear o dear mate you really need to stop reading the msm and listing to rooth the mooth!!!

Education - 93.3% of young people are going to into education, training or employment when they leave school, hmm I think that's quite good.
police and roads I totally agree with you, but the SNP did ask for x years to see the fruition of the merger.

View attachment 58054

Subscribe to read

Middle-class Scots to pay PS400 more income tax than English thanks to SNP-Green Budget deal

Scottish schools drop in world rankings - BBC News

Scotland slips down world education rankings in key subjects - The Scotsman

SNP under fire as Scottish education system records worst ever rating for maths, reading and science

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...cils_struggle_with_billion_pound_budget_cuts/

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...term-has-led-to-nhs-staffing-crisis-1-4514984

Something the SNP excel at ... all that hot air will probably be heating the country (and it sure needs it!)

But to be fair, the same heating effect can be achieved with all politicians :)

1st so thats been imposed has it?
2nd one now a year out o date lol think you will find the figures are coming up still not great but getting better.
3rd again almost a year out lol
the rest well sorry but if your UK goverment cut the Scottish pocket money there must be cuts, sorry but yer really making a fool o yourself here :(
you seem to forget wee only get pocket money but you seem to be ok with that?

Scotland:
employment down
crime down
education - getting better
NHS not great but still preforming best out the 4 nations as for the last one whats the snp suposed to do, hold a gun to peoples head and make them become nurses?
Econemy up 0.8% compared to England 0.3

but as i always say don't let the truth get in the way off your hatred o the snp and Scotland in general :(

this is the last i will post on this as your hatred of the SNP leaves you blind to and thing apart from your soon brainwashing

peace out

Think we all already knew there had been a huge increase in motorhomes using the ferries ? Think the Scottish government introduced R.E.T. to help [successfully] the islands economy .
Did I miss something ?

I agree that most know that there has been an increase in motorhome traffic to the Hebredes just thought that some may find it interesting to see it quantified. I did.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back