IS THERE ANYONE WHO WOULD CORRESPOND WITH A TOTALLY DEAF MOTOR HOMER WHO IS NOT PC LITERATE

Hi, I am hard of hearing as many are...Not easy sometimes..especially in crowded/noisy situations.
Good luck and and has been suggested get along to some meets. Even with SD probably easier to chat with one person quite close.
Many have good computer skills and will be "ready willing and able" to assist

Hi again Fluke, when you post on here you are as anonymous as the rest of us so no one knows if you are deaf dumb or blind or only have one leg, so just post and ask what you like, others will respond , if you make it clear as you have done that you are deaf, no one will care , we will just respond to you as we would others who have kept any disabilities to them selves, It is only when we meet up at Rallies that we put a face to a screen name and then personal friendships develop, so just join in and talk to us via this media, Malc. Pictures from a Wildcamping meet at Greywell and Stonehenge, Rabbit stew and birthday cake too .

Attachments

• SDC10085.JPG
    SDC10085.JPG
    444.3 KB · Views: 127
  • SDC10057.JPG
    SDC10057.JPG
    713.6 KB · Views: 107
  • SDC10056.JPG
    SDC10056.JPG
    440.5 KB · Views: 114
  • SDC10014.JPG
    SDC10014.JPG
    574.6 KB · Views: 109
  • SDC10004.JPG
    SDC10004.JPG
    641.2 KB · Views: 113
  • SDC10006.JPG
    SDC10006.JPG
    660.9 KB · Views: 108
  • SDC10032.JPG
    SDC10032.JPG
    450.6 KB · Views: 119
  • SDC10035.JPG
    SDC10035.JPG
    635.3 KB · Views: 113
  • SDC10015.JPG
    SDC10015.JPG
    665.5 KB · Views: 107
  • SDC10013.JPG
    SDC10013.JPG
    588.9 KB · Views: 105
Hi Everyone who read my introduction and thank you to you to all and those who replied to it
I am really looking forward to meeting up with you all. Over the years that I have been motor
caravanning I never realised there were so many people similarly suffering hearing loss who partake and
enjoy the same interest.

I am not looking for sympathy to my hearing loss because over the years I have experienced
many forms of intolerance when trying to explain to those in authority the difficulties hearing loss
can cause for those afflicted by it and just accepted they were losers because they would never
understand and become a friend of mine.

I do still motor caravan regularly and mostly "do it wild and alone" some fairly remote,
others not so using generous lay-by parking for a night and have been fortunate to
avoid disturbance by nefarious characters that roam the roads at night.

Friends who care consider because of my deafness I am invalid and wild camping alone
is dangerous but my affliction is not physical. I am agile and have developed a means of striking fear into anyone
who attempts to disturb my lay by sojourns by making my own DVD of a snarling barking dog
which I load into the cassette of my radio before I retire for the night and if I was disturbed all I
would have to do is press the play button. I think that will work but I have not as yet had cause to use it.

I have several regular night stops in various areas some fairly remote others not so
and look forward to sharing them with you all.
Keep safe better times are just around the corner.

My regards from Fluke Redditch

Fluke, you will find a lot of nodders and smilers at meets. These are the deaf ones.
Because most members are of a certain age, there are a fair few with differing levels of deafness and more than a few with varying levels of daftness.
This is why we are great community, even if we fall out occasionally, most will answer the call if and when required.
Best group of people outside of the lunatic asylum by far imo.

Hi welcome from Co Antrim,im mutton jeff and wear a hearing aid,my prob is two or more talking at once which is confusing my brain.

Oh boy I know that feeling, hearing aids in both ears, just slink of to a quite corner when there is more than one for company.

Oh and the usual accusation... he's not deaf when he wants to hear!

Took the OH to my hearing test once, now she really understands what life is like for me and others like us when it was explained by the audiologist about the different frequencies in sound and what we hard of hearing folk miss out.

These forums are great for people like us, we can talk to thousands and hear every word, not that we understand every word, but yea, we hear them.

So welcome Fluke to the greatest invention for hard of hearing folk.

Hi Fluke, from one of the nodders & smilers. I have hearing but not much of it. Luckily for me deafness does not make any difference on a forum. Everyone here will make you very welcome. It is a great community.

My hearing of high frequency was very good but low frequency normal for my age when I was last tested, any background noise and I have difficulty hearing speech, my tinnitus also causes a problem,but you know what they say "your never alone with tinnitus" 😯😀

where has fluke gone..............maybe he was using a friends computer ....as he said he was computer illiterate..........not seen any posts from him.........look forward to reading some posts from you fluke...........take care

Hi, Fluke, and welcome to the forum. I'm not deaf, but like lots of others have already said, I'm very happy to chat. This forum seems to be full of nice people, so is a good place to start. If you need help with the PC side of things, please feel free to ask - just don't tell anyone else or they'll all want something ;-) I spend a big part of my life helping people who feel a bit bamboozled by modern technology. Many of the tools you would probably consider impossible - like video calling for instance, now have subtitles or chat built into them, so you may be able to access more than you think!
Cheers,
Mark

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back