Is the Caravan & Motorhome Club Going BUST?

An average of £50 per year isn't so bad, I did think of joining but we have yet to use a site, maybe we should have looked more into other positives.

Noticed that this month's caravan club mag is about half the usual size...

Reactions: GMJ
Yes me too. I opened the envelope to check what it was as it felt so thin.

We wont get around to reading it for a few months as we save them up to read when we are away on longer trips in the MH.

This is how rumours start.

To my eyes he is over-reading that letter and looking at an interpretation of the words that I certainly didn't read into to them. The C&MC yearly accounts always look healthy plus sites always appear busy to me.

We are on one now - Pandy site - and it has been full this weekend (give or take) and at least 2/3rds full on week days too.
no thanks i dont like it ok pj

I let my membership lapse due to the high cost of pitches, the one at Bristol is even costlier than this around £70 from memory and that’s IF you can get on due to long termers block booking ,:mad:
Me too. What's the point in paying for membership that grants you the right to pay for over-priced campsites? What's more, our experience of some of their campsites and staff has not been good, even when paying £40+ pn. When I complained to the club about one stay, I didn't even get a reply - that was it for me. Thanks but no thanks - much cheaper and easier to use non-club sites.

The campsite next to the cruise line terminal in Venice was €69 per night for 3 adults and a dog. To be fair it was front line next to the water. Every facility including a pool .restaurant and bar plus a shop.. it was their most costly pitch with other a lot cheaper.
We stopped the uk club membership a few years back.
The aire near the causeway was only 18€ a couple of years ago.

I emailed the CAMC to ask why the magazine was so small.
The answer I received said it was a trial, following feedback they are going back to normal size.

Back