Is the Caravan & Motorhome Club Going BUST?

And the guy is an irritating wee turd :ROFLMAO:
Yeah,he had a YT video titled "Can we park our Hymer here?" or something very close to that. There was a picture of Gold Hill in Shaftesbury(the one in the old Hovis advert),with his van photoshopped in. The video had sod all to do with parking the van there,and when I commented to that effect and that the photo was portraying us all in a bad light, he changed the title to something else. I don't waste my time with vanlifers on YT anymore,more fun doing it yourself.

25k views. I doubt he'll get anything but you and the others are right. YouTube is awash with bollox like this and these cringey gleeful "vanlife" vids. They make me puke. 🤣
It was nice to watch back in the day when you were following someone documenting a route or visiting somewhere interesting but now their all trying to make living out of it.

You don’t need to go online for poor advice.
I am currently questioning someone who wrote an article on Mull and informed the readers of MMM that wild camping was banned on Mull. I have been WC on Mull for forty years most of them in a tent with no problems. I had my second reply to Mr Baxter published in last months copy. And this in a magazine sold to members of our community. This guy clearly has issues with responsible WC.

I watched one of his vids as there was something in it that interested me, watch a few minutes of a second one and decided not to bother watching anymore, and that includes the link on this thread.

The campsite next to the cruise line terminal in Venice was €69 per night for 3 adults and a dog. To be fair it was front line next to the water. Every facility including a pool .restaurant and bar plus a shop.. it was their most costly pitch with other a lot cheaper.
We stopped the uk club membership a few years back.

£70 a night AND there are people Block-Booking? very odd.
IMG_1236.pngNot if you know how much it costs to stay in Bristol, cheaper for workers to camp than pay rent.

View attachment 133166Not if you know how much it costs to stay in Bristol, cheaper for workers to camp than pay rent.
Bristol campsite is a small campsite situated next the docks area were the Brunel museum is. The C&MC are only there on a short lease basis as the site is due to be developed for housing. We were there four years ago and it was much cheaper than this. From memory I think it was about £35 a night. I am genuinely shocked at these ridiculous prices, even more shocked that anyone is paying them.

I have been a member of CAMC Club for about 14 years and in that time have spent about 4 nights on their sites and 3 nights on CL’s.

However we have saved £1,000’s on a new car (genuine saving) and £100’s on ferries such as Dover - Calais for under £90 later this week, and Cairnryan - Belfast for £405 in September

I have been a member of CAMC Club for about 14 years and in that time have spent about 4 nights on their sites and 3 nights on CL’s.

However we have saved £1,000’s on a new car (genuine saving) and £100’s on ferries such as Dover - Calais for under £90 later this week, and Cairnryan - Belfast for £405 in September
How much has the membership cost you in all that time?

How much has the membership cost you in all that time?
I would estimate about £700 over the 14 years. This years renewal is due on 1st August for £63 but I saved more that that on 3 ferry bookings already.

We also got a genuine discount of about £6000 on a brand new car a few years ago so we have covered the subscriptions many times over.

Back