Is it worth becoming a Full Member?

Yes, I don't usually use it but with people vetting the suggested camping places it is a little more reliable but sadly not every one had the same ideas when it comes to safety or allowed facilities, we used the POI section extensively earlier this year and all this month around Scotland and have also reviewed a few.

I have been a member for a many a year and as we travel to 1940s events most weekends we have only attended one event at Hereford. I am not a regular user but help and advice is great . I have used alpha battery's and AIB insurance plus the occasional site. Well worth the money and have no intention of cancelling any time soon. Have the old W sticker in my window but don't see many down south where we are based

I have been a member for about 6 years and its paid for itself many times over.
I must say I am curious about the 'meets' mentioned above. Are these motorhomer meets? If they are seperate 'informal meets' then can someone please tell me how to find out about them. Thank you.

Meets are not for us, sort of defeats the ethos of wild camping may as well go to a camp site, 11 vans where we stayed last night totally overcrowded the place.

I must say I am curious about the 'meets' mentioned above. Are these motorhomer meets? If they are seperate 'informal meets' then can someone please tell me how to find out about them. Thank you.
Heres a link to the Rallies (booking) page on Motorhomer Link

I know I am tempting fate here but.....

Do you feel that you get good value for the 39p per week?
Have you saved money on your insurance from AIB?
Have you used the discount from GAS IT or Johns Cross?
Do you feel happier supporting the the community and helping pay the running costs?
Are you happy with the support you get from me?

Please only respond if you are a Full Member.

And please try and keep this thread serious, there is a place for banter and comedy. (this is not it)
Any posts that are off topic and do not directly relate to the questions above will be deleted without notice.

As far as I'm concerned it's the best 19.95 you will ever spend but I like it that much I paid twice because I did not read the e mail properly but not to worry as they say you pay for your mistake cheers.

As far as I'm concerned it's the best 19.95 you will ever spend but I like it that much I paid twice because I did not read the e mail properly but not to worry as they say you pay for your mistake cheers.
I am sure if you paid twice in error, a message to admin will get the extra refunded?

I have recently had my membership automatically renewed and I had forgotten about this fee so I was a little surprised! Not complaining just didn’t realise there wasn’t a notification beforehand I now fully intend to more involved in this forum ta !
Hi, we send out an email seven days before the renewal is processed. Please have a look in your SPAM box. I am glad to hear that you are going to be more involved.

I am sure if you paid twice in error, a message to admin will get the extra refunded?
If it would be possible for you to check renewal of membership you will find I have paid you twice so can I please have a refund back thanks

Good afternoon all
We have been members for a year in that we signed up, but didnt pay for full membership. Clearly this site offers something of interest to many, Today we have joined and paid the not unreasonable fee. She who must be obeyed wants to use our motorhome to go round UK and the idea of packed organised sites is not to our taste. From what we have seen over the past 12 months, wild camping is the way to go. Having spent a lifetime as a long haul truck driver, mostly in Europe, just stoping and sleeping has been normal. But for motorhomes it is much nicer to wake up with a lovely view rather than a layby with the stench of 'eau de urine'. So we look forward to using the advice thats on here and also contributing some of the places we might get to find.

If it would be possible for you to check renewal of membership you will find I have paid you twice so can I please have a refund back thanks
If it is any consolation you are not the only one, I paid twice for two years (my fault, I joined twice 🤫)
When I realised and contacted Admin I was reimbursed, I have been a committed member ever since, (although some say that I should be just 'committed')

Hi, we send out an email seven days before the renewal is processed. Please have a look in your SPAM box. I am glad to hear that you are going to be more involved.
spam.png

Do you feel happier supporting the the community and helping pay the running costs?

And please try and keep this thread serious, there is a place for banter and comedy. (this is not it)
Any posts that are off topic and do not directly relate to the questions above will be deleted without notice.

As a ‘wildly’ the POIs are a useful addition to other apps like Park4free which I use more, but if I’ve got time (and usually do) then a second or third trawl through an area is always useful.
The discussions are helpful, especially for keeping up with what’s problematic with non-homers. I don’t use the discounts as reductions can usually be teased out from retailers anywhere.
Happy to pay the premium to get all you publish; keep going if you can.

Definitely worth it, saved a fortune on site fees and found some great place’s to go, and great reading and information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back