Irish Ferries

I think the Irish Ferries fire and rehire was in 2005 and was big news in Ireland at the time, I did a bit of a search but little comes up.

P&O seem to pay staff around £5 per hour according to this article.

I dare say any company that reflags its fleet to small tax havens is not playing by any set of morality driven rules.

Davy

As an aside, my Tesco vouchers just came through and Irish Ferries (and Stena and P&O) are amongst the partners you can use them with (£5 vouchers = £10 credit).

I think the Irish Ferries fire and rehire was in 2005 and was big news in Ireland at the time, I did a bit of a search but little comes up.

I dare say any company that reflags its fleet to small tax havens is not playing by any set of morality driven rules.

Davy
Lots of biz here pay even less than that over here, no one is policing it.

I dare say any company that reflags its fleet to small tax havens is not playing by any set of morality

Davy
Very many of the big firms we have to deal with on a daily basis have been flogged of to investment sharks and are in foreign ownership and based in tax havens, including water, energy, you name it we flogged it.

We went to France with Irish Ferries extremely cheaply (£100). Excellent ship and staff. We came back with Irish Ferries booking 2 days before we came back 108 euros. So far our experience has been good with them. ( Surprised that we didn't have to man the oars!)
We normally go Newhaven Dieppe but there was a £200 difference.
PJ
Irish Ferries seem to be the same price as the others on the same dover calais route, unsurprisingly. When you book your outward crossing do you have to also book the return at the same time? I thought in my tiny little brain that if you don't book a return at the same time as outward, they charge more. From the sound of your post it could be read as if you didn't book your return until you had been in France for some time, which of course removes the mad dash back to the north coast when you still have places to look.

Irish Ferries seem to be the same price as the others on the same dover calais route, unsurprisingly. When you book your outward crossing do you have to also book the return at the same time? I thought in my tiny little brain that if you don't book a return at the same time as outward, they charge more. From the sound of your post it could be read as if you didn't book your return until you had been in France for some time, which of course removes the mad dash back to the north coast when you still have places to look.
Each journey is charged as a single so there is no benefit in buying both outbound and inbound tickets at the same time.

We only ever book one way as we never know when we are coming back. The average price Dover Calais DFDS (we wont use P&O) for our van and 2 people is about £135 we prefer Newhaven Dieppe as I said but it was alot more money. Also I have just been on DFDS site Newhaven Dieppe if I book a return a the same time it is about a £40 difference more expensive than a one way. Dont know about Irish Ferries as we haven' tried.
As one member said DFDS alter their fares all the time.
PJ

Back