Insurance time again and value shock

When I renewed my van I reduced it's value and got a cheaper quote. If it gets trashed I probably wouldn't get another.
I also have difficulty getting insurance because of it's age ( not mine i might add), no one is interested, so I have to stick with my present company no matter what they do.
Caught in a cleft stick really.
Is it a VW you have? I would get a price from A-Plan, who sponsor a lot of the VW Shows. Speak to a chap called Dan Cameron who works out of their Thatcham office.

Even though our motorhome was sold i`d cancelled our insurance and got a refund from them Safeguard still sent me a renewal quote when it was due :unsure:

Even though it went nearly 6 months before renewal they said it had been automatically gernerated before the due date, a couple of weeks i can understand but not bloody 6 months :eek:

Last year the all in policy was £402.51, this year it had risen slightly to £715.86, clean licences, no claims have ever been made or anything in all the years we`ve been with them, the only difference was everything ( us and the motorhome ) was 12 months older and wiser or dafter in my case.

Morning,

I did a quick search yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at the market value of our Betsy. So.... as it's the 11th month of the insurance it's time to take quotes and all that pallaver. What sort of costs are involved in a tracker folks?
I think we paid £199 for our Phantom tracker for life away at the min so not 100% sure .They are on the ball if you start your journey and forget to turn it off you will get a call fro. Phantom within minutes of setting off .

What sort of value vehicles are we talking about..my insurance company did not want a tracker as vehicle is worth less than £50k .over that it changes.

Do not get a tracker that has a little ariel as a simple can placed over it stops it working.

Back