Insurance is a scam????

And if he had a bump you wont be getting cheap ins for many years, that's if you can get any.
Many here think once a car is insured at home for any driver it becomes a free for all until the son has a crash or is stopped by the feds and then finds out they have to be over 25 and have their own car ins to drive the family car third party cover only.
Trev, I know things vary between NI and GB for insurance (on the TV adverts with insurance, you usually see a "not in Northern Ireland" disclaimer), but the feature where you get 3rd part cover on cars not owned by yourself if you have your own car insurance is no longer an automatic thing in GB at least.
People need to check that aspect of their policy (or intended policy) if it is important.

The sole aim of ins companies, banks, pension companies and others who approach you smiling with a 'never to be missed offer ' is to make money for their shareholders.
I drilled this into my children and, fortunately, they have grown up with a healthy degree of cynicism.

I lost my NCB when a young chap drove his car through my locked gates. His car never touched my car.
It has been 5 years of paying more premiums through no fault of my own.
Any excuse for insurance companies to steal money from customers.
How did that affect your Motor Insurance? Maybe Household insurance if you claimed for replacement gates?

As a general comment on this thread about insurance scams, I had my Car stolen from my workshop and the following year had 1 years extra NCB as the insurance company paid out on the theft through the Workshop contents cover, not the car part of the policy so it didn't affect that.
They (AXA) also paid out the full amount agreed for the car value within about 2 weeks of the theft, plus the amount I asked for for the workshop contents without any receipts asked for, plus I was told if discovered anything else missing later on just to let them know.
The GAP insurer (ALA) paid out their bit (the difference between the car value AXA paid and what I paid for the car 18 months previously) within a month.

A few years earlier, OH had her car written off after a minor incident (old car not worth repairing) and because we had within a month previously had some optional brake work done (advisory on MOT), the Insurance Assessor (from the CO-OP) increased the valuation to cover that cost as he decided it enhanced the value - and paid out more than bought the car for the previous year.

If everyone paid an extra few pence tax then third party ins could be free from the gov to everyone, then full comp or fire & theft would be up to each person to take out with an ins co, me thinks it would be to simple that for or give to work out.
Any person landing on our shores should take out a gov one of payment card to drive over there hols or biz trips.

If everyone paid an extra few pence tax then third party ins could be free from the gov to everyone, then full comp or fire & theft would be up to each person to take out with an ins co, me thinks it would be to simple that for or give to work out.
Any person landing on our shores should take out a gov one of payment card to drive over there hols or biz trips.
Doesn't NZ have a similar system tothat Terv?

How did that affect your Motor Insurance? Maybe Household insurance if you claimed for replacement gates?

As a general comment on this thread about insurance scams, I had my Car stolen from my workshop and the following year had 1 years extra NCB as the insurance company paid out on the theft through the Workshop contents cover, not the car part of the policy so it didn't affect that.
They (AXA) also paid out the full amount agreed for the car value within about 2 weeks of the theft, plus the amount I asked for for the workshop contents without any receipts asked for, plus I was told if discovered anything else missing later on just to let them know.
The GAP insurer (ALA) paid out their bit (the difference between the car value AXA paid and what I paid for the car 18 months previously) within a month.

A few years earlier, OH had her car written off after a minor incident (old car not worth repairing) and because we had within a month previously had some optional brake work done (advisory on MOT), the Insurance Assessor (from the CO-OP) increased the valuation to cover that cost as he decided it enhanced the value - and paid out more than bought the car for the previous year.
I claimed off his insurance even though he tried to cancel it after the crash.

I was just wondering with the 15% discount how many were insured with AIB? any feed back on them? I'm due for renewal in two days.

Been with them ever since Safeguard refused to give me cover on my 20 year old van Kev. Found them really good to deal with and very competitive. Plus they take the time to tailor your insurance for whatever you want. They are also active on the forums. Mine including EU and breakdown cover this year was about £230 I think. Tell them you know Bazza from Fruitcakes and here and they will probably give you another fifty quid off! Then again they might add fifty quid but worth a punt! :ROFLMAO:

I was just wondering with the 15% discount how many were insured with AIB? any feed back on them? I'm due for renewal in two days.
I think you get this discount for being member of any club eg M&CC and only once !!!
They have agreed to cover my MH on ours or an house opposite’s drive without actually rating as alternative address , just noting records, so seemed very accommodating to us!!!

I find AIB generally pretty fair on premium quotes, with agreed mileage, though was shaken, with a premium increase, from £263.03 (wife and self) VW T6 van, of + £282.84 to add my married daughter 36 clean licence / no accident history, for two weeks this summer and 1 week at Christmas, reason, she's on a two year secondment to Singapore and is coming home to visit, so not currently resident in UK. AIB don't do just, 'three weeks additional driver', its full year or nothing. Was stirred to decline ...

I find AIB generally pretty fair on premium quotes, with agreed mileage, though was shaken, with a premium increase, from £263.03 (wife and self) VW T6 van, of + £282.84 to add my married daughter 36 clean licence / no accident history, for two weeks this summer and 1 week at Christmas, reason, she's on a two year secondment to Singapore and is coming home to visit, so not currently resident in UK. AIB don't do just, 'three weeks additional driver', its full year or nothing. Was stirred to decline ...
I think I would have too Rob, seems a bit OTT.

I’m with comfort they have a standard clause that they will recover your Motorhome to your home address if the driver is incapacitated….

Attachments

• 2DEF1574-53C5-41C9-9B51-85F9EB26B8A7.png
    2DEF1574-53C5-41C9-9B51-85F9EB26B8A7.png
    255.8 KB · Views: 45
I’m with comfort they have a standard clause that they will recover your Motorhome to your home address if the driver is incapacitated….

I was with Comfort for a number of years but then they became uncompetitive. Tbf to them as well, prior to the pandemic I changed my MH to unlimited miles but with the pandemic hitting we couldn't use it. I contacted them and they refunded the extra premium ...which I thought was rather good of them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back