Insurance again again.

Wully

Got my renewal quote in a couple of weeks back through a company called grove and dean last year £740 this year they quoted to renew nearly £1400😱😱😱
Wow mental. Done a go compare search and found brilliant motorhome cover with unlimited windscreen and loads of nice touches in the policy £410 no breakdown cover as I like to do that separately but come on £1000 a difference. I checked all the details 5 times still thought it was too cheap so phoned them went through everything with them all details perfect including value of van. Company name AGES.

So Never accept any renewal without comparing what others can do.

Wully, I have three month running on my current ins policy, and as I have limited mileage with this policy, I upped this to add 2000 mile for our pending trip. Cost, £80, nearly a third of the annual premium, I asked broker their cut, answer, £30 quid for a few key stroke amendment to one document.

Like you, I'll be shopping around come June.

Loads of people are reporting these massive hikes on cars, bikes and motorhomes lately. As you found though cheap deals are still around if you hunt them down. All mine come around the same time. Car, two bikes and the motorhome. Both the car and the little bike have just been renewed and both were up a lot until I shopped around. Still waiting on the quote for the van and the big bike but expect the same.

Just done my RAC cover Arrival that covers any size motorhome weight and length no Europe cover this year not going abroad that’s a £140 add on but full cover anywhere uk to home for any vehicle I’m driving or passenger in for me and the boss £275 with a years membership of the C@CC included.

Got enough left over to cover 60% the fogstar battery I’ve got my eye on.

Barry I got a tip and it was don’t leave it too late to get new quotes once they find out you need it and it’s close to expiry date they inflate the price thinking you need it right away and will just pay. I was told the ideal timing was around 3 weeks to 10 days before your policy runs out seemingly they know your shopping around. Buying insurance is like going into the bookies now.

CAMC rang to say the house insurance was due. Only gone up £500 on last year. I could understand it if we had made a claim. Called NFU who insure the car and motorhome £400 less so although its gone up not as much as CAMC wanted. Must be all these Glamping Cabins they are putting in on their sites. They need to change the name what about CAMHGCC 🙂

We were chatting to a CL owner on Hayling Island. He had put a Glamping Pod near the entrance to the CL. The CL site checker told him he was not happy with what he had done. Hmmmm

Got the MOT on Friday, taxed over the weekend, just the insurance to go, I wonder if AIB will actually bother to reply this year.

Barry I got a tip and it was don’t leave it too late to get new quotes once they find out you need it and it’s close to expiry date they inflate the price thinking you need it right away and will just pay. I was told the ideal timing was around 3 weeks to 10 days before your policy runs out seemingly they know your shopping around. Buying insurance is like going into the bookies now.

Yep. I think this was also a Martin Lewis tip. That reminds me actually. Ive not seen a renewal for my Suzuki and its due the end of this month so will chase it up tomorrow. Timing is about right.

Just tried Aegis website and can only see ‘car’ or ‘van’ ,do I need to phone ?

You will get it through this.

Thanks, they quoted £540 compared to AIB £450 so I’ll keep looking, the C&CCC site requires a DOB to be inserted by clicking back from today,that would require 77x12 clicks or about 900 so I’m calling time on that one.

Insurance is weird. Think the last lot I was with were seriously ripping me off I changed nothing on the details so think they were seriously at it.

Insurance is weird. Think the last lot I was with were seriously ripping me off I changed nothing on the details so think they were seriously at it.
Insurance is indeed very weird.
We took my new van away over Xmas and New year so I had to insure it.
I wanted to transfer my NCB to the new van which was a simple job.
Here come the weird bit.
I obviously had to cancel my existing insurance for the Talbot to transfer the NCB then reinsure it without any NCB
The existing insurance company then refused to reinsure the van - despite nothing changing at all !!

I simply could not get my head around that scenario !!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back