Inconsiderate Parking

They drivers I’ve had the pleasure of working with wouldn’t think twice of banging on a few motorhome doors and telling them to fuking move! 😂
If someone asked me to move for a reason and was pleasant about, I'd likely do so.
If someone banged on my door and told me "to fuking move!", then they know where they can go (and that would be go find another place to park)

If someone asked me to move for a reason and was pleasant about, I'd likely do so.
If someone banged on my door and told me "to fuking move!", then they know where they can go (and that would be go find another place to park)

They would find out that baseball bats are not just for baseball :lol-053:

Ask me nicely and no probs.

I suppose it "all depends".. if by allowing room for a lorry to park, places your van right next to a waste bin, uneven ground, pothole or other unsuitable ground, then I don't see the problem with parking where I want to. I do see your point, and we try to avoid parking near lorries anyway, as we usually end up with a refrigerated unit next to us, unless they do that purposely ?? :)

Of course you would. 😂

Of course you would. ��
sorry, but this idea of Truck Drivers being some kind of "knights of the road" and some hallowed species is a lot of crap. they deserve no more courtesy or respect than any other road user.
May not be a popular attitude but tough.

and your portrayal of them does the profession as a whole no favours either.

Last edited:
sorry, but this idea of Truck Drivers being some kind of "knights of the road" and some hallowed species is a lot of crap. they deserve no more courtesy or respect than any other road user.

and your portrayal of them does the professional as a whole no favours either.

No need for the sorry wildebus, you are spot on.

I was once asked by a lorry driver in Arrochar carpark, if I would move to another spot to let him in for a break.

Guess what, I moved to another spot, no probs.

I was also told by a taxi driver (Another knight), that I was to move on from outside M&S in Glasgow, as I was near the taxi rank.
Guess what, I reckon you know the answer.

Courtesy gets you everywhere, arrogance, and rudeness, gets you nowhere with me.
And you simply get angry, whilst I am reading my copy of MMM.:)

Don't get me wrong, anyone who can drive and manoeuvre an artic, gets my fullest respect.
And I am always patient when they are trying to reverse into a loading bay, whilst blocking the road.
To me they are the finest drivers on the road, but that does not give them the right to be abusive.

Last edited:

and your portrayal of them does the profession as a whole no favours either.

These guys are out there earning a living and keeping the wheels of industry turning. I always give way to the bigger vehicle and have respect for what these guys do.

These guys are out there earning a living and keeping the wheels of industry turning. I always give way to the bigger vehicle and have respect for what these guys do.
lots of people are on the roads doing the same. I was as well when driving a car for business reasons.

now respect ... that is a two way street. so being told to "fuking move" gets the respect it deserves.

lots of people are on the roads doing the same. I was as well when driving a car for business reasons.

now respect ... that is a two way street. so being told to "fuking move" gets the respect it deserves.

Go back and look at my post and don’t take life to seriously. 😂. The imojy implies I was having a laugh. Why try and turn threads into an argument?

so we have posts that complain that motorhomers don't park close together in a parking area
and we have posts that complain that motorhomers part too close together in a parking area

can't win either way

That's oversimplifying it Wildebus,it's all about context.

Asterix you were there, you witnessed exactly what happened.
Applying context is difficult from here.

As I said you obviously are considerate, hence your thread.

Respect to all road users, from cyclists, to HGV drivers.
Without respect we have anger, intolerance, and dangerous roads.

Yes I regard HGV drivers with the utmost respect, but they should do so also.

And to be honest what few dealings I have had with HGV drivers, having been nothing but pleasant.

I know. I was just making the point that different people read different things into a situation. If say I arrived after all these van had arrived, how would I know people were not parked inbetween and left in the meantime thus creating these gaps (you see this kind of thing in car parks where a car is over the lines because the car next to him was over the lines. First car leaves and the 2nd car looks like an idiot but unfairly).

What is the phrase? ... "Judge not lest ye be judged"?

I know. I was just making the point that different people read different things into a situation. If say I arrived after all these van had arrived, how would I know people were not parked inbetween and left in the meantime thus creating these gaps (you see this kind of thing in car parks where a car is over the lines because the car next to him was over the lines. First car leaves and the 2nd car looks like an idiot but unfairly).

What is the phrase? ... "Judge not lest ye be judged"?

I do understand how these gaps appear when others leave,but as I was the first and only one their,in this case that doesn't apply as the three others chose to park awkwardly instead of sensibly in a layby,if only stopping for a cuppa it wouldn't be an issue but they weren't.
In this case I have "judged" they were inconsiderate 😉

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back