Ignorant or what!

Tonybvi

This letter about “campers” says it all. These are the sort of people we are up against!

95213501-1CF6-4EF3-B046-B357D06FD3A3.png

Actually (and I'm probably going to get jumped on for saying this) I wouldn't mind paying the £5 a night if it allows me to travel free as a bird throughout Scotland and park up overnight (legitimately) wherever I choose without getting any further hassle.

Not bothered one bit about 'proving I was on a campsite' subsequently to get the money back.
Suppose you could call it a 'tourist tax'?

Once you're clocked in over the border and your fiver(s) paid, Bob's yer uncle and Fanny's yer aunt 🧐(y)🏴‍☠️
£35 for seven days nimby-free touring? Doesn't sound all that bad at all...

He wants to be careful making suggestions like this, it could potentially work in our favour! ;) :)

PS forgot to say and in Scotland's favour - extra revenue, although as @sparrks has pointed out below the £5 charge probably wouldn't recover the cost of the system setup and operation.

Last edited:
PS. Would it be a system than exempts Scottish residents? :unsure:

What would they do about foreign tourers?
Many were European I presume, although I doubt if there'll be any of those flooding into our wee island for the foreseeable, so maybe not an issue!

I love the way the letter writer says "obviously those who have been and paid for legitimate pitches would get a rebate for nights they could prove they were on a campsite".

Who in their right mind is going to fund a surveillance system such as the one suggested?

If ever there was an OTT nimby response to stir up divisions and resentment, then this is just one of many letters (relished by the media!) over the last few months from the 'outraged and disgusted residents' of wherever that does the job perfectly.

Last edited:
PS. Would it be a system than exempts Scottish residents? :unsure:

What would they do about foreign tourers?
Many were European I presume, although I doubt if there'll be any of those flooding into our wee island for the foreseeable, so maybe not an issue!

I love the way the letter writer says "obviously those who have been and paid for legitimate pitches would get a rebate for nights they could prove they were on a campsite".

Who in their right mind is going to fund a surveillance system such as the one suggested?

If ever their was an OTT nimby response to stir up divisions and resentment, then this is just one of many letters (relished by the media!) over the last few months from the 'outraged and disgusted residents' of wherever that does the job perfectly.
Foreign drivers will be ignored as they are with the Dartford Toll and when parked in motorway services, unless they are really unlucky and get wheel clamped.

Foreign drivers will be ignored as they are with the Dartford Toll and when parked in motorway services, unless they are really unlucky and get wheel clamped.

Aha! Now that's very interesting to know, Sam.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat, dontcha know... :devilish:;):cool::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hello fk u.png

ithe London congestion charge has a 100% larger turnover and they still rate go's up .
So no as your children will pay more!
So no no no.
This is a free kingdom sorry Queendom

It's so cheap they saidat the start. but cheap never stays. £30 a day TO GO INTO LONDON 2020
Free is free.

It's so cheap they saidat the start. but cheap never stays. £30 a day TO GO INTO LONDON 2020
Free is free.

Isn't that for diesel vehicles only? :unsure:

Afraid I'm not up to speed on all these tolls as latterly I'm not a regular visitor to stinky Londinium ;):)

I may be wrong but I suspect that this may be the letter writer. It’s almost always someone with a financial interest in offering accommodation who comes up with ideas to try to prevent people with self contained motorhomes from using them to tour and park.

He sounds a right w****r. As well as having an alternative financial interest, these people also appear to be the most miserable gits going!

100% against any more motoring charges. Rather than allowing anywhere to impose a travel charge for any vehicle ie. a local tax can we not just push back against this and not enter into the argument in the first place. London congestion charge:- still congested now just charged more for the dubious privilege.

What a stupid idea, I use my motorhome to visit my sister in Aberdeen, not to go camping. Are all vans expected to pay, after all they might be 'stealth campers'?

How about they put the Cctv where the alleged campers are littering, then they will probably see that it is people in cars that visit and leave the litter then the camper stays the night and wakes up surrounded by litter left by the cars, but people visiting in the morning just see a camper and litter, put two and two together and blame us.
Or the litter is left behind by wild campers with tents and we are then put into the same category

I love the reference to a £60000 motorhome with awning size of marquee! Talk about generalisation......as an official " van with windows" not a motorhome , I wonder if we would be exempt?? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Covert cameras would catch the perpetrators,irrespective of which camping group they are labelled and an opportunity to throw the book
Yep and all you need are the not too expensive cameras used by wildlife enthusiasts. Direct feed to your smart device. Fine in the post thankyou very much.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back