If You Suddenly Had to Stop Motoring.?

I have never found anywhere that tics all the boxes. I want everything to hand, in the middle of nowhere with a sea and mountain view.
I will put a bid in for you,5% finder fee. 😂
home a.pnghome e.pnghome b.pnghome c.pnghome d.png

It's always going to be difficult.

I have very specific needs for the area where I live, and unless these needs are met, then I doubt I would survive. We have looked around before but can never seem to tick all of the boxes and of course I would miss my mates.

My specific requirements are as follows;

- Pub
- Pie shop

The best pie shop I have ever been to is in Sheffield, South Island.NZ

Yup. Went there, soaked the T-shirt!

Us too, lashed it down for 3 days then it was glorious weather for next 3 weeks . I wouldn't want to live where it rarely rains or is too hot, I just wish UK had better weather and half the amount of people.

Well I have travelled a fair bit, not been everywhere but I have been about.
And the one thing that I love doing most is getting home. Not because I have not enjoyed my visit, but simply because I love where I was born and where I live.
I hate the weather at times, I find the winters harder and harder to deal with. The long nights and the wet and windy days can get to you. But where we live is in the doorstep of Europe, and Africa. Izzy loves New Zealand, and when I eventually get there I know I will to, but way down there you are so isolated, so far from everything else.
So sorry for being a complete bore, but I simply love Scotland, and I love my people, well most of us. The thought of leaving here and living anywhere else does not appeal to me. My favourite place well it’s Perth and Kinross about 30 miles away from me, I also love Stirling, Fife, I could go on. There are parts of England I love, that’s until I get into the car and realise there is to many people down there. Wales I love Wales. Ireland I feel at home in Ireland the people are funny, helpful, and great company. But I will die where I was born.

New Zealands isolation is what appeals to us, plus our preference for travelling for months rather than weeks would rather negate the distance issue for us.. The problem we have at the moment is an old dog that doesn't travel well and is looking to be around for a while yet. We have been lucky so far, people have looked after her gratis when we have been away but this is no longer possible. Paying thousands of ££££'s for dog minding is rather blunting our travel plans at the moment. We wouldn't mind but she isn't even our dog, she is our daughters dog who then buggered off to NZ!:mad: Thanks Lou.🤪
Once Bracken has gone we will travel Europe, east and west extensively, would love to do USA for 6 months too.

New Zealands isolation is what appeals to us, plus our preference for travelling for months rather than weeks would rather negate the distance issue for us.. The problem we have at the moment is an old dog that doesn't travel well and is looking to be around for a while yet. We have been lucky so far, people have looked after her gratis when we have been away but this is no longer possible. Paying thousands of ££££'s for dog minding is rather blunting our travel plans at the moment. We wouldn't mind but she isn't even our dog, she is our daughters dog who then buggered off to NZ!:mad: Thanks Lou.🤪
Once Bracken has gone we will travel Europe, east and west extensively, would love to do USA for 6 months too.

You would love the US Izzy. A fantastic country with roads to die for.
Like the Aussies many Americans retire and buy a Motorhome then travel to their hearts content. No barriers or signage born from ignorance or envy there, just a vast country to explore. And six months won’t be long enough. From Washington DC to Seattle from their to San Diego from their to Florida, then up to New York. And we have missed the big bit in the middle. Oh well that’s your next trip Izzy. :cool:

So sorry for being a complete bore, but I simply love Scotland, and I love my people, well most of us. The thought of leaving here and living anywhere else does not appeal to me. My favourite place well it’s Perth and Kinross about 30 miles away from me, I also love Stirling, Fife, I could go on. There are parts of England I love, that’s until I get into the car and realise there is to many people down there. Wales I love Wales. Ireland I feel at home in Ireland the people are funny, helpful, and great company. But I will die where I was born.

What's not to love? As stated earlier in this thread, my favourite place is Applecross, but I also love Glencoe, the Cairngorms and a hundred other places in Scotland.

Unfortunately, Julie can't travel by plane, boat or train due to rare conditions which she suffers from. But we really don't have any real desire to leave the UK and there is still much to discover.

75B5D90D-F051-4EDE-92DB-0286B3AEBC10.jpeg

What's not to love? As stated earlier in this thread, my favourite place is Applecross, but I also love Glencoe, the Cairngorms and a hundred other places in Scotland.

Unfortunately, Julie can't travel by plane, boat or train due to rare conditions which she suffers from. But we really don't have any real desire to leave the UK and there is still much to discover.
Not been abroad for 24 years and in the 8 years I’ve owned my van I’ve never spent a night in it south of the border. Travelled all over Scotland all my life and I can still find new places to take my breath away. I’m currently enjoying exploring around where I stay now. This morning I found a grave only 200yards from my back door.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back