Idiots guide to changing a solar controller

It's parked on driveway not connecting to electricity. I'll flick all the fuses off then before I try to remove the cover will be after lunch before I get a chance to do it
Post a pic of the area and the panel it might help us to help you better

Youngest son came round to air his tent as we going away with him later this month so haven't had a chance to change controller yet we ended up down the pub and I'm definitely not attempting it now 😄

My twopenny worth, I think the connections themselves are all the same on any I've fitted,
the panel on the left, the battery in the middle and usually the load on the right, I've never seen the load connected to anything yet.

The terminals usually go + - + - + - Red being positive, Black negative.
Kev, I am going to assume you have never fitted a Victron Solar Controller? :)
On Victrons, the terminals always go + - - + for Battery and then Panel

Can't recall the Load Terminal order off-hand so won't post a suggestion for that. I actually use the Load terminals on my Victron 100/20 to feed my Motorhome Habitation electrics

As for the setting I can't help there.

Thanks David, this is why I prefer to see pictures of the job in hand, I know a fair bit about a lot of stuff but nothing about Victron as you so cruelly pointed out in front of the entire forum 😥 😥 😥 😥

I'm going now, as I should have had a look instead of assuming that they would follow the norm :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not all though so I was not totally wrong

1723529033609.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back