I wonder if more folks will do this?...

Steve I mean council houses or what’s left of them get all the pensioners out and give them a transit van and a map each then point them south towards France and Spain and tell them we’ll have your boat people but your getting our pensioners. I’d make a great politician me.😁
They would all have to come back in 90 days Wully :p

I would never admit to being a great politician Wully. ;)

Never thought that one through.😂This politics game is not as easy as I thought. Ok then just the ones with dementia they won’t find their way back so that gets rid of half of them. Then I will kill two birds with the one stone and make the remaining ones share a room with an immigrant in a nice hotel room.

Steve I mean council houses or what’s left of them get all the pensioners out and give them a transit van and a map each then point them south towards France and Spain and tell them we’ll have your boat people but your getting our pensioners. I’d make a great politician me.😁
The Diplomatic Service missed a great opportunity when it didn't shortlist you for the top job, Wully :ROFLMAO:

Steve

You are obviously not happy, as can be seen by your comments to Trev.

My advice to you at this stage in your life is to stay as you are and apply for an OAP Bungalow when you retire. You can apply for Benefits such as having your Rent paid, Council Tax help and various top up Benefits. As Trev pointed out (without malice or gloating) you have left it too late.
I guess that Trevs comment re having left it too late could be upsetting as it infers choice. Sometimes folks just dont have the opportunity to do what Trev did....

I guess that Trevs comment re having left it too late could be upsetting as it infers choice. Sometimes folks just dont have the opportunity to do what Trev did....
I agree with you. People are different, some are happy living day to day and are content with what they have. Others are scared to take a chance and never show their true potential. People can be born with some form of disability and I think they get a poor deal, never getting that bit of extra help that could make a big difference to their lives.

I don't judge people on their abilities or lack of them. I have one simple rule and that is to how I rate them as a human being.

Myself? I am too curious. I always wanted to learn something new and see other parts of the World. I am still curious but I am now content to stay close to home. :giggle:

I think Billy Connolly said something akin to 'Anybody expressing a wish to become a politician should be disqualified from so doing by that statement' ... Not quite verbatim, but the essence of Big Yin's comment is captured ... (y)

Steve
He said and I quote from memory

” by virtue of the fact that someone wishes to become a politician, should bar them from ever becoming one” I use that one quite a lot Steve.

He also goes on to say that politicians should be nominated without any input, canvassing, or preferably even the knowledge that they have been nominated by others.

Yes i agree, some folk may be disabled body or mind, but i was healty and worked 3 jobs a week and later used my small brain to get on the ladder.
Leaving it late is not a good idea, because say you do get a paid up home and then after afew years end up in a care home or sheltered accomadation you have then lost what you worked for in the evening of your life, and forthose that say leave it for the kids, well the gov is trying to move the 7 year rule to 15 giving older folk less wiggle room.

He said and I quote from memory

” by virtue of the fact that someone wishes to become a politician, should bar them from ever becoming one” I use that one quite a lot Steve.

He also goes on to say that politicians should be nominated without any input, canvassing, or preferably even the knowledge that they have been nominated by others.
Ah thats being in the right place at the right time. ;) 😂
masonic.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back