I sure is happy - New Van

Looks like a nice van, its always good to put your own mark on it! I'm in the middle of doing the same on my new van. Enjoy the van, and have confidence, after the first couple of trips on your own you'll be fine. Maybe we need a ladies meet then you've got no excuses :lol-053:

Ta Steve....

I saw a kettle last week in an old junk shop ....it was just like yours, I was gutted he wanted fifteen pounds for it and I only had a fiver on me :sad.

Great little van jaq, well done, no grass growing under your feet, are you looking for a special kette?, i have a whistling one if you want it? i can bring it to the stratford meet and i'm sure it will find its way to you, pass the kettle style lol xx

Where to start ??

Hi Jen ..thanks for your kind offer, I have got a kettle I just like really old fashioned kettles .......some women like shoes I like kettles :rolleyes2:

I fitted in some jobs today in the van ripped the carpet out ....bought some cheap carpet tiles and laid them. As for the rock and roll bed that nearly takes my fingers off every freakin time :rolleyes2::sad:......I will attempt to cover it with material (wished I had bit your hand off Marie) on that lovely material you had the other week. The bed will have to be replaced at some point its just too dangerous...my fingers are black and blue with nice big bloody cuts on them !!!

Sorting cupboards out tomorrow and I will see if and will attempt to add shelves :hammer: .......

Hippy doesn't call me mrs bogdeit for nothing you know;)

Last edited:
the big cupboar d was for portaloo but have seen one with a box seat in and a flap up to make seats on other side of table and the box holds the porta loo

Hi Terry ....

The bed is evil ...evil I tell you :mad1:!!!. Its seen better days, there obviously a way of doing it but I just cant get it, or I haven't got the strength to do it but three times my fingers have been caught in between the two pieces I think I would rather sleep on the floor than attempt it again......I swore ***ing docker:rolleyes2: :raofl:!!!!

As for the propex heater will keep my eye out...they are good, would it be costly to fit do you know ???

SHOULD HAVE TAKEN YOURs OUT OF OTHER VAN think someone on here not to far from me would have been able to fit it

SHOULD HAVE TAKEN YOURs OUT OF OTHER VAN think someone on here not to far from me would have been able to fit it

I wished we had now Barrie ....I couldn't believe when I saw how expensive they were. Oh well we have a few months to play with at least before the minus-12 kicks in I hope .....:rolleyes2:
When we went to Stonehenge that year and us southern frosties coped with that coldest weekend, like yourself we didn't have heating in our van, you just get on with it I suppose.

You could do all the fitting yourself, leave final gas connections to a gas fitter who has LPG ticket.

Nothing to stop you doing it all yourself, use compression fittings & test with soapy water once you switch the gas to it (Propex off to ensure pipes are pressurised) if it leaks at a joint, simply tighten it a bit until it stops. If nervous, simply get your LPG guy to do a pressure test on it for you.

In between work and family life we have worked none stop on the van and already you can see a complete transformation.
We have ripped the carpets out, steam cleaned it, painted, rubbed, varnished, and polished every nook and cranny.

We laid some darkish cheap but hardwearing carpet tiles and new curtains should be here next week. I have also removed the headlining ??(think its called that?) from the door panel and painted to make it more practical with the dog.

Next week we need to do some small rust patches on the body work and sort out some small mechanical bits then I think we are pretty much ready to go !!!
Paul is going mad because I have completely girlyfied it......wasn't meant to honest :eek:!!!

As for new bed and heating we will save until next year and hope we may be able to sort something out......

Its looking lovely and my best one by far :D

erm I mean 'our'

I agree ...there is too much testosterone in my life Marie .......I needed a girly girl ...... fairs fair !!!!
Anyway he can sulk all he likes ......ITS MY VAN !!!!:lol-053:

Last edited:
Any pics of the revamped interior Jac? :hammer:
X[/QUOTE

Will do Lotty ....I hope to get some on this week all being well. I have enjoyed doing it and bringing it back to life ! now I have to give my girl a name !!!
God damn it I mean OUR girl :eek::lol-053:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back