I don't believe it !

This link seems to make complete sense,

If you google cauta capital you can look at trust pilot. 9 five star reviews, which in itself seems suspicious, but no reviews since 2017 or 18.

I didn’t even bother looking at their website, since there will be little impartiality (cynic? Moi ! Never) fortunately I don’t have the money to worry about about investments, so I sleep well.

Davy

No Go Trev, i will just contact some suitable (Irish) "Bailiffs or Travellers" who will find you and ..........

What is a safe investment? Buy to let flat owners may not think it safe investment if it isn't possible to get a mortgage on it any more. Councils seemed to think retail property was a sound investment pre the drop in footfall. Premium Bonds were proclaimed a best buy until the government reduced the prizes. Who knows what will drop through the floor next?
Leave it under the mattress, forget it's there and when you find it you'll have a windfall.

What is a safe investment? Buy to let flat owners may not think it safe investment if it isn't possible to get a mortgage on it any more. Councils seemed to think retail property was a sound investment pre the drop in footfall. Premium Bonds were proclaimed a best buy until the government reduced the prizes. Who knows what will drop through the floor next?
Leave it under the mattress, forget it's there and when you find it you'll have a windfall.
Gold? We had some for some while, initially went up then dropped below initial investment. Sold when prices went up again and made a decent percentage. Nowadays just keeping pace with cost of living is a bonus, most money loses value under the mattress. Only trouble is, we had to keep track of its hiding place during several moves!

Buy 5 same type cars from a garage as trade, then fix 4 using parts from one, 2 sold at £500 each and two at £300 £400, do this once a week, no taxman was hurt or maimed during this process. ;)

Gold? We had some for some while, initially went up then dropped below initial investment. Sold when prices went up again and made a decent percentage. Nowadays just keeping pace with cost of living is a bonus, most money loses value under the mattress. Only trouble is, we had to keep track of its hiding place during several moves!
My other half worked for a unit trust company and invested in the recommendations of her fund manager. We made a few quid until he suggested gold. The 80's recession came. Gold dipped and it took ten years to come out alive. Fortunately it was only fun money.

Last edited:
Buy 5 same type cars from a garage as trade, then fix 4 using parts from one, 2 sold at £500 each and two at £300 £400, do this once a week, no taxman was hurt or maimed during this process. ;)
Do that once a week and you would be running a business and needing to declare (or the taxman will come looking for you, winking back at you as you get done).

By
Gold? We had some for some while, initially went up then dropped below initial investment. Sold when prices went up again and made a decent percentage.
We came back from South Africa with about 20 or maybe a few more Krugerrands hidden away because you cannot bring that amount out, my FIL offered us a quick profit a few years later and stupidly we sold them to him to buy a new car because I needed one for work, I wish now I had kept hold of them because gold has risen a little bit since the mid 80's.
My MIL still has them but Maggy's brother seems to think they will go to him eventually, watch this space 🤯

By
Gold? We had some for some while, initially went up then dropped below initial investment. Sold when prices went up again and made a decent percentage.
We came back from South Africa with about 20 or maybe a few more Krugerrands hidden away because you cannot bring that amount out, my FIL offered us a quick profit a few years later and stupidly we sold them to him to buy a new car because I needed one for work, I wish now I had kept hold of them because gold has risen a little bit since the mid 80's, worth about £1.600 each now
My MIL still has them but Maggy's brother seems to think they will go to him eventually, watch this space 🤯

Do that once a week and you would be running a business and needing to declare (or the taxman will come looking for you, winking back at you as you get done).
So im told, but then again many do it, after all there just your own cars that you decided to sell, just like any item in your home.

So im told, but then again many do it, after all there just your own cars that you decided to sell, just like any item in your home.
Think the Revenue allow you to flip 4 cars a year and still classified as a hobby. more than that and it's a business.
if you applied your logic, you could apply that to absolutely anything you buy and sell as a business and Car Dealers would all use that theory

Think the Revenue allow you to flip 4 cars a year and still classified as a hobby. more than that and it's a business.
if you applied your logic, you could apply that to absolutely anything you buy and sell as a business and Car Dealers would all use that theory
Not my logic but it does happen quite a lot here, my mates dad an ex ruc man retired used to buy m/bikes all the time and flip them, many were ex cop bikes

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back