I don't believe it !

jagmanx

Victor here !
They say the cash is safe but ???
Too good to be true ?
1610767588345.png

Our funds will remain in 100% secure low/very low interest accounts.
I am neither advertising nor recommending this or indeed advising against.
I have no axe to grind either for or against the company.

I used to get regular similar emails
This is the first one for over a year
:unsure: :unsure:
Not going to change my mind but it would be of interest to know if anyone has invested succesfully in "Cauta Capital"
They maybe legit but as with the motorhome rental company I would fear collapse and "dodgy dealings".

Not suggesting any wrongdoing..just that things might scupper them.

Last edited:
I would err on the side of caution.
Old chestnut if it looks too good to be true etc...?

If you have a bit of money you are prepared to gamble away and wouldn't be devastated by losing it, then maybe.

But you can say that about any investment schemes, even blue chip.
Look what happened to Northern Rock back in 2008, for example. Folk lost everything 😥

Marie ..Was not Northern Rock bailed out by the Government ?
So no big losers
1610789759890.png

Wintonian gave us some very good advice in the past and saved Iz and I around £10k.
Following on from David's death we both decided to seek out a Financial Adviser, so we asked around amongst friends and acquaintances who are in business if they could recommend anyone.
https://www.covingtons.co.uk/about/ was the name that came up three times so that is who we are with.
They don't advertise, they rely on referrals, which imho is always a good thing.

There are plenty of scammers and fly by nights out there.

Marie ..Was not Northern Rock bailed out by the Government ?
So no big losers
View attachment 91283

Don't be fooled into thinking the government bailed anybody out, Phil!
Or at least the shareholders weren't. 😡😈

Folk lost and lost out massively, including their own staff, nearly all of whom had invested some of their money in NR shares over the decades they were employed there.

I personally have a friend who worked for Northerm Rock most of her life. She lost £70k, which was part of her pension plan.
People took a huge financial hit and many lost nearly all of their life savings and pension pots.

My sister and I lost £12k - fortunately (well, sort of!) it wasn't our own money in the first place, so not the same as many others who lost out.
The 12k was inherited shares from our parents from the time when NR changed from a Building Society to a bank and gave all existing savers a share quota for the transition.

After the crash in 2008 the shareholders rallied and fought a legal battle through the courts to try and get compensation.
It went on for several years but came to nothing - no surprise there, imho.

In short, Northern Rock was shafted big time. C'est la vie. 🤗

Last edited:
Here's an advisor I would recommend.

He has looked after my sister, nephew and many other friends over the last 30 years and they are 150% happy with him.

He looks after my tiddly little pension pot - I only went with him 4 years ago because I was bullied into it by my sister!
Have absolutely no cause for regret. Charges 0.5% for his services and the pot has always done pretty well (y)

He's not the only advisor on their books, but it's his firm.

https://www.lifelongfp.co.uk/meet-the-team-colin-wilson/

Don't be fooled into thinking the government bailed anybody out, Phil!
Or at least the shareholders weren't. 😡😈

Folk lost and lost out massively, including their own staff, nearly all of whom had invested some of their money in NR shares over the decades they were employed there.

I personally have a friend who worked for Northerm Rock most of her life. She lost £70k, which was part of her pension plan.
People took a huge financial hit and many lost nearly all of their life savings and pension pots.

My sister and I lost £12k - fortunately (well, sort of!) it wasn't our own money in the first place, so not the same as many others who lost out.
The 12k was inherited shares from our parents from the time when NR changed from a Building Society to a bank and gave all existing savers a share quota for the transition.

After the crash in 2008 the shareholders rallied and fought a legal battle through the courts to try and get compensation.
It went on for several years but came to nothing - no surprise there, imho.

In short, Northern Rock was shafted big time. C'est la vie. 🤗

When i was given my shares from N/R by cashing them in it was short by two months payment in paying off my mortgage so was probably one of the lucky people.

I would err on the side of caution.
Old chestnut if it looks too good to be true etc...?

If you have a bit of money you are prepared to gamble away and wouldn't be devastated by losing it, then maybe.

But you can say that about any investment schemes, even blue chip.
Look what happened to Northern Rock back in 2008, for example. Folk lost everything 😥
No way I wiil invest in them ! Or similar.

Useful replies from all.
Beng retired my pensions are "secure" and reasonable.
I do have funds available and 3 years ago invested in "investment trusts".
I got very cold feet in January (Dare i say because of Brexit)
I lost nothing and made some gains but not worth the risk !
So I cashed in all and initially invested in NSI income bonds and premium bonds
NSI slashed their interest to zero so I moved the maximum protected amount into Coventry BS (protected)
Premium bond returns have been OK Coventry is OK NSI income bonds rubbish as of today !
BUT I perceive the capital to be safe.
However ahead (Not yet) prepared to consider other options for maybe 25% of my capital..BUT a big maybe !

Property is the best investment. By a property on an interest only mortgage and rent it out. No better return on your money. You do need the right mortgage, the right property and the right tenants.

Property is the best investment. By a property on an interest only mortgage and rent it out. No better return on your money. You do need the right mortgage, the right property and the right tenants.

And therein lies the rub ;)

Depends what point you're at in your life and how much risk you want to take.

My sister is just in the throes of getting rid of the last of her rental property portfolio.

A much better return on your money would be outright purchase rather than mortgage, interest only or not, but not many people are in a position to do that.

All of her properties were cash purchases, no mortgages involved.
Paid for after years of hard work doing up (mortgaged) properties and gradually moving up the property ladder.

Last edited:
Had about 130% gain on a bitcoin investment I made about 18 months ago.

Sounds very good, only trouble is I only invested a fiver. Still, will get a pint allowed in pub, not to be sniffed at.

I remember Phil giving me the lowdown on Bitcoin a couple years back at a meet.

Most of it went over my head.
Plus my memory isn't so hot - especially if I haven't understood half of what's been said! :ROFLMAO:🙃🥴🤪

Wish I'd taken more notice and looked into it when I got back home.
Might have made a little money to put towards a better van ... :(

Ah, well. That's how the cookie crumbles.😉

I remember Phil giving me the lowdown on Bitcoin a couple years back at a meet.

Most of it went over my head.
Plus my memory isn't so hot - especially if I haven't understood half of what's been said! :ROFLMAO:🙃🥴🤪

Wish I'd taken more notice and looked into it when I got back home.
Might have made a little money to put towards a better van ... :(

Ah, well. That's how the cookie crumbles.😉
I don't understand it at all, but thought I'd have a little punt.

Might be time to bung another £5 in. 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back