I could hardly believe it - cost of a site

We don't normally donate a kidney (hers of course!) to stay on a site, but if there is a particular place we want to go, I get the scalpel out. Tomorrow we are travelling to Coniston for three nights on a small site next to the Bluebird Cafe and the Bluebird launch site. It is Ā£34 per night and electric is metered. But it fits the bill and she does have a couple of eyes we can sell! Picture below (of the site, not her eyes!)

We have also stayed on a Haven site in Norfolk. Three units, took the kids, for ten pounds a unit per night. It suited the purpose. But it rained constantly while we were there. I suppose we can't blame Haven for that!

Attachments

• Site.jpg
    Site.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 3
We don't normally donate a kidney (hers of course!) to stay on a site, but if there is a particular place we want to go, I get the scalpel out. Tomorrow we are travelling to Coniston for three nights on a small site next to the Bluebird Cafe and the Bluebird launch site. It is Ā£34 per night and electric is metered. But it fits the bill and she does have a couple of eyes we can sell! Picture below (of the site, not her eyes!)

We have also stayed on a Haven site in Norfolk. Three units, took the kids, for ten pounds a unit per night. It suited the purpose. But it rained constantly while we were there. I suppose we can't blame Haven for that!

I Remember looking round that site when we were over in the Lakes at Outgate over Hawkshead hill just a few miles from there in the early summer. I think then you had to book a week minimum. Great if you had a boat with you but not cheap. We were only there ten days but it was the best ten days weather of the entire summer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:174)

mark61, jeffmossy, wildebus, Scotia, campervanannie, runnach, yorkslass, alcam, Martin P, edina, 2cv, st3v3, Robmac, Bat21, ewen, korky, mistericeman, TJBi, AllanD, RichardHelen262, rugbyken, V1nny, n brown, Pudsey Bear, marchhare, SquirrellCook, Moonraker 2, barryd, Drover, Makzine, Norfolk NewBoy, Old Man Down, colinm, linkshouse, myvanwy, pamjon, merl, barge1914, flying kipper, Topmast, Jo001, caledonia, The laird, izwozral, oppy, number14, TeamRienza, Fisherman, reiverlad, BOTCANU, r4dent, carol, denmar, Steve and Julie, Gadabout2, wakk44, yeoblade, molly 2, exwindsurfer, bdastu, Obanboy666, Fazerloz, saxonborg, britcoms, clarkpeacock, Nigel L, Mick67, Bouydog, trixie88, guerdeval, Wheelie, Bigshug, ajb70, Sharon the Cat, andyjanet, tripper, winks, jacquigem, iandsm, Rod, davep10000, Nabsim, s4x4c, NSY, shortcircuit, Wandering scots, scampa, JVG, bobemmo29, mike w, Ex Greeny, trevskoda, Boris7, Monkeybrand, Canalsman, Heppy, adriahome, kevlakes, SouthernTribby, Dezi, Wully, Mr Pastry, Lee, chrishunter, mariesnowgoose, Tonybvi, iampatman, DTF, DuncM, Charlynch, Nesting Zombie, jeanette, smg, Headlight, Andys, jagmanx, Lodge tours, GMJ, SimonM, liz, julesanian, SCRUMPY BOY, Benylin, skeedom, Glandwr, ricc, Doigy, Wooie1958, witzend, walpeter, kensowerby, alwaysared, Tim120, ironman, Tezza33, 1807truckman, RSD7a, BigD003, peejay, RoaminRog, TissyD, Val54, Winger, marchie, belslot, noah and nelly, hanger18, Caz, bartman, belbri, calvo, rambrose, Gerry Attrick, VandA, Budgie, Alberto, Neckender, cooperman, maxsdad, forthpilot, Bilw, Okta, b0p, Handel10, davef, Livotlout, REC, defect, topefisher, Debroos, specky4eyes, Rumour, vtwinner, BM48,
Back