I could hardly believe it - cost of a site

Just looked at Kiln Park, seems like the minimum stay for a touring MH is 7 nights, according to their website. Anyone know any different?
Quite fancy 3 nights there to have a look at surrounding area, but not sure about 7 nights!
You can definitely stay 3 nights 'cos we did 3 weeks ago, but, I agree, the booking website is not clear. There's an option to select shorter stays. Pitches are all fully serviced.

Just looked at Kiln Park, seems like the minimum stay for a touring MH is 7 nights, according to their website. Anyone know any different?
Quite fancy 3 nights there to have a look at surrounding area, but not sure about 7 nights!

When I try and book there it won't let me do less than 5 nights.

I can't believe it but I have just looked to see where it is and it's in the centre of Doncaster just down the road from where Cusworths bike shop used to be that I went to a lot and I have been in loads of times. I bet Channa was a regular at some point. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It was posted years ago and I'm sure Channa posted that he had been in there.

Looks like my kind of pub! :LOL:

It was posted years ago and I'm sure Channa posted that he had been in there.

Looks like my kind of pub! :LOL:

Mine too. I bet its done quite well out of that video. Apparently some bloke came all the way from Australia for a pint after seeing the video. Allegedly.

We should hold a meet there.

Mine too. I bet its done quite well out of that video. Apparently some bloke came all the way from Australia for a pint after seeing the video. Allegedly.

We should hold a meet there.

Reminds me of a pub I used to go to in Loughborough Barry, The Hunters Moon - it could get extremely violent as well and the Police knew everybody on first name terms.

Reminds me of a pub I used to go to in Loughborough Barry, The Hunters Moon - it could get extremely violent as well and the Police knew everybody on first name terms.

That reminds me of The Old England " Boddingtons pub " on Ribbleton Lane, Preston back in the 70`s :eek:

Didn`t bother with carpet anywhere in the pub because blood was easier clean off tiles, all the chairs, stools and tables were securely fastened to the floor and even the ash trays were screwed down onto the table tops o_O

Pub stops is another expensive one as well if you have to eat to stay When we bought first van 17 yrs ago we had 2 vouchers for overnight on sites which we used and have never been on a site since. The closest we've been is CCP's in France

This time of year it's worth searching out the bigger group sites like Haven, Park Dean etc. they are horrible but often cheap. Pitch up website lets you filter by price. I've been away since early July in the UK all across the summer holidays and have never paid anywhere near £30 a night. I have a twenty quid ceiling and I want hookup for that, a free bar and dancing girls. 😁
We have stayed on Haven sites but once you mention having a dog the prices usuelly double. Have only eaten once at Haven but had to get a mortgage for 2 coffees and 2 pieces of cheesecake.

We have stayed on Haven sites but once you mention having a dog the prices usuelly double. Have only eaten once at Haven but had to get a mortgage for 2 coffees and 2 pieces of cheesecake.

I don't actually think Ive stayed on one. Maybe the one Fazerloz is on at Flamborough but that might have been before Haven took it over. We have used two Park Dean resorts in Devon though. Not quite as cheap but ok. I don't go anywhere near their shops or bars though.

Only ever done it once but a good few years back i bagged us and the inlaws in their own motorhome 5 nights on pitches next to each other on Skipsea Sands Holiday Park for an absolutely crazy £3.50 per night each and that included EHU, hardstanding and free use of all the onsite facilities including temporary premium membership to the club there.

It was slightly out of season and the touring area was next to the seasonal pitch area, i got talking to the guy in from the caravan opposite who had just been over to reception and had booked and paid for the whole of the following year on the same pitch they liked it so much.

He said there was at least a dozen or so others who did the same on the first day the new bookings were available so they could have the particular pitch they liked.

I must admit it was quite good and very quiet but that was slightly out of season like i said earlier, i dread to think what it would have been like during the school holidays / high season.

Wifey and M.I.L. enjoyed the nightly bingo but neither me or the F.I.L. bother going so i`ve no idea what the bar was like, the inlaws said they tried to food and it was surprisingly palatable although a bit on the expensive side, none of us bought anything from the onsite shop which was very overpriced.

All in all 5 nights for £17.50 was good value IMHO.

It is a matter of choice. I would prefer to stay at Kingston Lacy CL than on a Haven site but I am not knocking other peoples choices. We all have different priorities and make our own decisions. Kingston Lacy is expensive, now £32 per night, but if it is over priced people will stop going there. The site attracts me because it is in the grounds of a NT stately home. The site facilities are limited but within a few minutes walk there are NT facilities including a cafe. We are going there later in the month and if we are the only on the site I will conclude that they have pushed the price too far.

I find comparisons with continental prices unhelpful. They often have very different traditions, different population densities, different planning rules and different land values. I suspect that if comparisons were made with other densely populated countries like the Netherlands the price differences might be much narrower.

You might consider York prices expensive too, next Monday £65 for 1 night at the C&MC or choose the city centre Premier Inn for £58 for a double, car park is extra £14 though but free at other premier inn ,just need to smuggle our dog in.

You might consider York prices expensive too, next Monday £65 for 1 night at the C&MC or choose the city centre Premier Inn for £58 for a double, car park is extra £14 though but free at other premier inn ,just need to smuggle our dog in.
I don’t want to stay at a Premier Inn though watching people trying to smuggle dogs in might be fun.

It is a matter of choice. I would prefer to stay at Kingston Lacy CL than on a Haven site but I am not knocking other peoples choices. We all have different priorities and make our own decisions. Kingston Lacy is expensive, now £32 per night, but if it is over priced people will stop going there. The site attracts me because it is in the grounds of a NT stately home. The site facilities are limited but within a few minutes walk there are NT facilities including a cafe. We are going there later in the month and if we are the only on the site I will conclude that they have pushed the price too far.

I find comparisons with continental prices unhelpful. They often have very different traditions, different population densities, different planning rules and different land values. I suspect that if comparisons were made with other densely populated countries like the Netherlands the price differences might be much narrower.

Thats ridiculous for a CL when you consider we stayed just outside Salcombe and less than a mile from a lovely beach in peak season in Summer on a CL there for £8, we even had a sea view (just :D). Ok so it was just a huge farmers field with no hookup but thats what CL's are all about to me. Back to basics. I can understand however that the massive increase in electric is pushing them up. Most with EHU are £20 now or a bit more. I get what you are saying though.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:170)

mark61, jeffmossy, wildebus, Scotia, campervanannie, runnach, yorkslass, alcam, Martin P, edina, 2cv, st3v3, Robmac, Bat21, ewen, korky, mistericeman, TJBi, AllanD, RichardHelen262, rugbyken, V1nny, n brown, Pudsey Bear, marchhare, SquirrellCook, Moonraker 2, barryd, Drover, Makzine, Norfolk NewBoy, Old Man Down, colinm, linkshouse, myvanwy, pamjon, merl, barge1914, flying kipper, Topmast, Jo001, caledonia, The laird, izwozral, oppy, number14, TeamRienza, Fisherman, reiverlad, BOTCANU, r4dent, carol, denmar, Steve and Julie, Gadabout2, wakk44, yeoblade, molly 2, exwindsurfer, bdastu, Obanboy666, Fazerloz, saxonborg, britcoms, clarkpeacock, Nigel L, Mick67, Bouydog, trixie88, guerdeval, Wheelie, Bigshug, ajb70, Sharon the Cat, andyjanet, tripper, winks, jacquigem, iandsm, Rod, davep10000, Nabsim, s4x4c, NSY, shortcircuit, Wandering scots, scampa, JVG, bobemmo29, mike w, Ex Greeny, trevskoda, Boris7, Monkeybrand, Canalsman, Heppy, adriahome, kevlakes, SouthernTribby, Dezi, Wully, Mr Pastry, Lee, chrishunter, mariesnowgoose, Tonybvi, iampatman, DTF, DuncM, Charlynch, Nesting Zombie, jeanette, smg, Headlight, Andys, jagmanx, Lodge tours, GMJ, SimonM, liz, julesanian, SCRUMPY BOY, Benylin, skeedom, Glandwr, ricc, Doigy, Wooie1958, witzend, walpeter, kensowerby, alwaysared, Tim120, ironman, Tezza33, 1807truckman, RSD7a, BigD003, peejay, RoaminRog, TissyD, Val54, Winger, marchie, belslot, noah and nelly, hanger18, Caz, bartman, belbri, calvo, rambrose, Gerry Attrick, VandA, Budgie, Alberto, Neckender, cooperman, maxsdad, forthpilot, Bilw, Okta, b0p, Handel10, davef, Livotlout, REC, defect, topefisher, Debroos,
Back