Huawei E5577 MiFi with antenna ports required

The Raptor

I am trying to purchase a Huawei E5577 MiFi unit that has the 2 ports to connect an external antenna to. Unfortunately both times on buying online including Amazon seem to send the version with no ports and have been returned for refund even though the description said they had ports! If anyone has one lying around or know of a confirmed recent link, let me know. MotorhomeWiFi now only sell complete setups not individual bits. Thanks if you can help

Last edited:
Unless You have a specific reason for wanting a small unit. I use a Huawei B311 for all my internet at home it works from a 240 to 12 v adaptor and away directly off the 12v supply It has the aerial connections although I've never needed them yet

They seem to have been been discontinued. Not sure what to do when mine packs up.
Fleabay have a couple of E5785 listed, with and without ports so be careful.

Unless You have a specific reason for wanting a small unit. I use a Huawei B311 for all my internet at home it works from a 240 to 12 v adaptor and away directly off the 12v supply It has the aerial connections although I've never needed them yet

I also use a Huawei B311, it works great in the van or at home

The E5577C is the model that has the external ports but the price has gone up unfortunately

I also use a Huawei B311, it works great in the van or at home

The E5577C is the model that has the external ports but the price has gone up unfortunately

Terry, I still have the larger antenna in its box that I got from you and have not used

Whatever you end up buying, a new mifi should be 5g compliant.

As for the small Huawei mifi units, they compare quite well to bigger ones without an aerial. I have used the 5330 and newer model (5570?) for years without an aerial. I did a side by side test with my Huawei B315 against them using a program called wifi analyzer and there was virtually no difference at all in performance.

I have both a 5577c and a B311, just swap between them if I lose signal on one. I think I got mine (unlocked but badged orange) from Worldpay on an offer, few years ago but may be worth a lot.

unless price is the same I wouldn’t worry too much about 5G unless you normally use towns and city’s, it’s unlikely to go out in the sticks where I usually am. Good luck

Terry, I still have the larger antenna in its box that I got from you and have not used
Don't give it away Peter, if you decide you don't want it just message me,
Are you ready for the June POI's yet, I have just installed the latest version of teamviewer;)

Don't give it away Peter, if you decide you don't want it just message me,
Are you ready for the June POI's yet, I have just installed the latest version of teamviewer;)
I'll email you Terry later

I got a 5577 from these guys a few years ago. Think they might still have the deal with 3 which gives a free 200mb allowance/month (better than nothing!).

I’ve found it works brilliantly wherever we’ve been. My only criticism is the two brass connectors on the ends of the antenna cables are extremely brittle and before installing it properly I was constantly plugging in and unplugging it and one of the brass connectors broke up - impossible to repair.

I contacted Kumar well after a year and they sent me a new antenna free of charge. Needles to say the antenna stays plugged in all the time now.

Their web site has a really good self help section in support - FAQ. The video tutorials are very good, especially when changing sims 😱🤓

Attachments

• C66F415B-DEA7-4EEA-9BC0-10120F2BC857.png
    C66F415B-DEA7-4EEA-9BC0-10120F2BC857.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 319
Does it make a difference which sim you use in the smaller mifis as the one we have even with the attached antenna if flippin' useless.

The one above will take any sim as it’s unlocked, the online instructions are talk you through changing the sim settings. We haven’t been let down once in Europe or the U.K. apart from having to adjust the antenna.

I can only say that 3 and smarty work very well because I haven’t tried any other sim.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back