How to Vaccinate the World

It's just a queue that lets someone leave every 10 mins isn't it. Needs to just have enough columns to match however many people they can jab in 10 minutes.
It's not just a queue though, you're supposed to be seated in case of fainting. Many GP practices don't have the space. Maybe different at a large vaccination hub.
This is a huge logistical operation, I hope they get it right, it isn't insurmountable, but competence and forward planning are certainly not something we have excelled at of late.

Why can,t we diy a friend as been doing his own for years ever since school

I mean, planned places full of staff (counters as well remember) people coming in registered to vote, and only once. In, done, out. Next!

The problem will be the amount of vaccine available.

Our GP set up a Winter Flu vaccination day. My appointment time was 1 minute different to the Wifes. When you arrived you gave your name, were told to have one arm bared and ready. The Practice Doctors and Nurses were stood in the doorway of their rooms, you were called, jabbed and sent out the back door. Henry Ford would have applauded their method. :)

When Martin was going through chemo, I had to inject him at home for 5 days after each treatment - immune boost stuff as far as I recall. My training was a visit from 2 community nurses, who explained exactly what to do and how to do it. Then they let me loose on Martin with the needle and we were very happy with the result - including Martin, bless him, who swore he didn't feel a thing ❤ My point is, it's not rocket science, so I don't really understand the weeks of extensive training.

I will listen to the podcast in a minute Marie, I promise. Meanwhile, it occurred to me that we can get the 'flu jab in chemists all over the country, including those in supermarkets. Hopefully these have all been roped in too. Here's hoping the manufacturers can pull out all the stops to deliver what we need really quickly. I'm sure everyone's doing their absolute best :)

The problem will be the amount of vaccine available.

Our GP set up a Winter Flu vaccination day. My appointment time was 1 minute different to the Wifes. When you arrived you gave your name, were told to have one arm bared and ready. The Practice Doctors and Nurses were stood in the doorway of their rooms, you were called, jabbed and sent out the back door. Henry Ford would have applauded their method. :)
Similar to ours in one door, see 1 of the 3 or 4 members of staff doing the jabs, which were done in the waiting room/passage area with SD in place, then carry on the one way system and out the back door.

Hmm. Thinking about it, you just reminded me, Jennie... (y)

Both Neil and my sister administered my immune system booster jabs at home last year after each chemo with no training whatsoever (no medical staff or community nurses available to show us how to do the first one either - or subsequently - so we were definitely self-taught!!!).

All the instructions were included with the individually sealed needles/serum.

Only reason I didn't inject myself is that I'm a proper wimp with injections!!! :sick:

I think I managed to pluck up the courage to do the very last one on my own. 😇😆😁

So, if Jennie, me, and members of my family can do it, plus the (millions?) of Type one diabetes sufferers etc., it can't be that complicated, surely? 🤔

Only reason I didn't inject myself is that I'm a proper wimp with injections!!! :sick:

Wife had a knee replacement dec 2019 and was issued with a number of preloaded syringes. She expressed wimpyness to the nurse, who suggested I do them for her (into the stomach). “No way” says she “you should see his shakey hands” she quickly lost her wimpyness. Nifty syringe, even retracted the needle inside the syringe after use.

Davy

I get issued with a batch of preloaded automatic injections for my Cluster Headaches. You simply hold the device against your thigh, press the button and it administers the dose for you.

I get issued with a batch of preloaded automatic injections for my Cluster Headaches. You simply hold the device against your thigh, press the button and it administers the dose for you.

..these are the ones I use;

It might make it far more costly per dose and take considerably longer as I would imagine the filling of needles at the manufacturers to be a lot slower than filling multi dose bottles of vaccine. Multi dose bottles i would think they will be filling in the 500 bottles pm. range.
I think I have read somewhere a 2 tonne batch of vaccine makes 30.000.000 doses.

My mum when alive had terrible headaches, which turned out to be cheese chocolate, and eggs.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back