How to find water (UK) ?

Sorin

Free Member
I'm really having difficulties finding water for my campervan. I am not talking about drinking water but good enough at least to wash some dishes, wash hands, have a shower (yes, it has a shower). I have a 40 L tank which I find maybe too small. So the best option would be water from camping sites but most of the time I do not intend to stay there. Do you know if these sites would only offer water for a small fee? Second option would be the gas station but that water they say it's for screen washing, so I don't think it would be good enough, right? What other options are there? Thank you!

Call into a campsite every few days, some but not all the C&CC club-sites have a motorhome stop over facility which allows you to use all their facilities for a fee, that’s what I do.
Saves looking for water and peeing outside to save filling the cassette etc, etc. I for one cannot be ar-ed skulking about cemetery’s etc looking for water and carrying the cassette in a rucksack or similiar into public toilets to secretly empty it.

I'm really having difficulties finding water for my campervan. I am not talking about drinking water but good enough at least to wash some dishes, wash hands, have a shower (yes, it has a shower). I have a 40 L tank which I find maybe too small. So the best option would be water from camping sites but most of the time I do not intend to stay there. Do you know if these sites would only offer water for a small fee? Second option would be the gas station but that water they say it's for screen washing, so I don't think it would be good enough, right? What other options are there? Thank you!
Well carry a few 5 litre plastic containers with extra water for a start, the POI on here list water facilities, public toilets generally have a tap, the odd building site will let you have water generally, garages and car wash places too, it is not as difficult as you may think and time will show you the way, also supermarkets sell 5 litre containers of water so buy some there, campsites will also let you service the van for a fee, happy travels.

I carry 2 25 litre containers on board and when I fill up I always also fill these I have a little trolley thing like they use for fishing I put the container on that and walk it in to cemetries etc fill it up simples . I also buy the supermarket 5ltr ones to use as drinking water when I do not trust the tap I am using , I have used garage ones too but try and do so when it is not busy as someone sat behind you wanting to fill up there washer bottle quick will get a tad frisky when the half hour point is reached and you are still dribbling it in :) . I tend to use the containers at the garage as I can stop let the person do what they want and then carry on everyone is happy that way, I always try and think how would I feel if it was me waiting or watching and go by that and I know if I was waiting for someone to fill a 40 litre tank off the drip drip for a screen washer at a garage I would be pulling teeth.
Please note prior to my diet I carried one 25 litre container :) :) :)

If you joined as a full member you would get the benefit of the water location and shower map and much more.

Alf

f

If you joined as a full member you would get the benefit of the water location and shower map and much more.

Alf
Agree with this as the annual cost would be cheap just for the water locations.
Most taps with a threaded end gives water fit for drinking, or get it from a river above the tree ( green) line where there will be no animals...

Get a watering can 10 galls is good..
We use ours all the time even on a campsite / aire. / stellplatz
3x = 30 galls a day does us fine including showers !
AND maybe a 5 litre bottle for drinking/cooking water !

Get a watering can 10 galls is good..
We use ours all the time even on a campsite / aire. / stellplatz
3x = 30 galls a day does us fine including showers !
AND maybe a 5 litre bottle for drinking/cooking water !
dont think ive ever seen a 10 gallon watering can ,

dont think ive ever seen a 10 gallon watering can ,

There’s bigger ones than that 😃

81CFA6DF-D1FB-4B32-A608-97045AC05C32.jpeg

We tend to buy 2 litre bottles of still water at supermarkets, rather than hunt about for it, on the plus side the supermarket water doesn't appear to 'fur' up the kettle.
Ken.

I would if there was a trial/demo.

I think that the app works for free members with a few demonstration pois. Not sure if the map at the top of the page does the same. Of course it’s not just the poi’s that make it worthwhile, there’s two other sites, raffles and the ability to attend some great meets not to mention many discounts.

Garage water is fine,cemeterys have water and some marinas/ports have water and showers/toilets
A lot of garage forecourt water dispensers use recycled rainwater, & it's definitely not good enough for anything other than cooling system & windscreen washer bottles. Under no circumstances should you drink it or wash plates etc in it....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back