How to find water (UK) ?

I have done that but you end up with an awful lot of plastic.
I bought 6 bottles & now I just fill them at home or anywhere I can find water. Easy to fill & carry, 6 bottles will fit in a rucksack & also fit nicely under my sink....

It's only 20 pounds for the year, that's not very much and if you are not happy you can then leave.
Many public toilets have a tap outside.
I often take water from streams for the toilet and to wash.
Church yards also have taps but not to roll up and fill a van.
I don't shower (wash instead) and find I can manage with very little. 5 lts a day.

It's only 20 pounds for the year, that's not very much and if you are not happy you can then leave.
Many public toilets have a tap outside.
I often take water from streams for the toilet and to wash.
Church yards also have taps but not to roll up and fill a van.
I don't shower (wash instead) and find I can manage with very little. 5 lts a day.
It’s £14.75 a year, you have access to the complete POI map including WC and water locations, the ability to download this data to a sat nav with relevant coordinates, you can view the POI on google earth to get some idea if it is within your comfort zone, and no limit on the number of posts you can make with useful money saving feedback. For me the cost of membership is repaid several times over and probably very much more as 1 campsite for 1 night costs more than this, even with C&CC over 60s discount!

If you have the space get a 40litre Aqua Roll and store fresh water in this, doubling your capacity to 80litre which is almost motorhome territory!

Last edited:
Cemeteries should be off limits in my opinion unless at night when nobody is likely to be visiting or a funeral may be about to take place.

At our local cemetery, I had a very bad experience with the owner of a large American RV who took about 20 minutes filling with water whilst genuine visitors had to wait with their watering cans before they could visit their loved ones. He was also taking up 3 car parking places,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back