How much to Upgrading alternator

Wetwalker

Anyone any idea of cost to upgrade alternator on a 2019 fiat ducato I'm using a sterling 60amp B2b and I've noticed that it's pulling my vehicle battery low every few minutes and can't maintain a high charge.Ive replaced the vehicle battery which was faulty checked the earths and positives the cable runs are all less than 2m from the vehicle battery maximum current into the 2 sterling 120ah li leisure batteries 40a dropping to 25a all cables 16mm2.

When first fitted all seemed to be working well for the first month. I've now set the B2B at half power and the system seems to be managing that. We are high usage wife is restricted so enjoys her TV and has a cpap machine we've managed the last 40yrs without using generators or shore power but it's looking less likely we will be able to maintain our off grid lifestyle without extra power in, sensible suggestions welcome (with the odd sarcastic comment thrown in).

I had a CPAP for a while and they gave me a 12v adaptor.

I tried to make it sarcastic but them things are not amusing.

Worst part for me.... Tangling the damn hose...
As I tend to turn over a lot in my sleep...

My victron b2b 30 runs at 20amps and drop amps as lipo fills
Not seen a bigger alternator but they have added a second one to some vans for hab. With on off switch.
I keep them separate. Talk to the altenater because there pritty smart. but you can get a dum one for hab

I hated the damned thing, Liz mentioned to the doc that she thought I stopped breathing, of course I had no idea being asleep, so they gave me the flaming thing, I tried four different masks but they just didn't fit so didn't work properly so I eventually just turned it off, after a couple of weeks I asked her if I was still not breathing and she hadn't noticed so I took it back to the hospital, they gave me a sleep monitor and it seemed I was fine, but why didn't they do that in the first place.

SWMBO has used a cpap for a while now. The mains power supply that comes with the unit is 12V output so I fitted a convenient 12V socket in the van and made up our own 12V lead. She doesn't use the heater/humidifier option, just the fan and, as such, it uses almost negligible current.
Been using this set up for a few years with no problems.

I don't think it's an alternator issue.

I have the same B2B from Sterling and it behaves in the same fashion.

The 60 amp rating is misleading. This I believe is the rated maximum input but with efficiency losses this will not be achieved as output.

BB1230 (Input: 12V, 30A. Output: 12V, 22A),
BB1260 (Input: 12V, 60A. Output: 12V, 45A)
BBW12120 (Input: 12V, 120A. Output: 12V, 90A).

I had a CPAP for a while and they gave me a 12v adaptor.

I tried to make it sarcastic but them things are not amusing.

The older CPAPs were 12v and come with a 230AC/12DC brick.
All you needed to use in MoHo was a cable with appropriate plugs on each end.

The newer ones (incl mine) are 24v and come with a 230AC/24DC brick.
I tried to get a 12DC/24DC adapter but ended up using an inverter and the standard brick.

Apologies for the lack of sarcasm.

I tried to get a 12DC/24DC adapter but ended up using an inverter and the standard brick.
I,ve got one at home it,s for sale £20 inc p&p but if you,d rather have a new one I got it from Amazon was £35 called dc adapter car charger for Resmed make was Taifu came with required leads.

I,ve got one at home it,s for sale £20 inc p&p but if you,d rather have a new one I got it from Amazon was £35 called dc adapter car charger for Resmed make was Taifu came with required leads.
Thanks for the offer, but as I said I'm using an inverter.

Mine was one of the first 24v (the doc told me it was 12v) and it was a while ago.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back