How much gas for 6 weeks in Spain?

I wasn't going to gloat but seeing as you brought it up.

This seems a bit like gloating
Told yah! And everyone else. ! 🤣

It is a pity as you would have lost.

I wouldn't have lost, he is using over 900g each off grid day.

Originally we both thought it was 45 days off grid.

We plan to be away for 45 days

You said he would use under 20 kg for 45 days off grid = 20,000 / 45 = 450g per day
Ill bet you wont even use half of it.

I said he would use 750g per day
I'm not as confident as Barryd

When it comes to gas planning I use the following based on Manufacturers specifications and personal experience.
Cooking - 350 ; Fridge - 400 gram per day .
So 750 g per day for 45 days = just under 34 kg. If all your cylinders are full to start with you have 39kg. So only 10% contingency.

Hopefully you will eat out a few days and save some cooking gas, but on the other hand you will also use a fair bit for showers and washing up.

You did of course start changing the goal posts

Nope, the bet I proposed was.
If it is more than 700g (700g for 45 days = 32 kg) You give £10 to my charity.
If it is less than 600 g (600g for 45 days = 27kg) I'll give £10 to your charity.

If it is between 600 and 700g we each give £10 to the others charity.

:D

Considering his gas usage overall including the 30% of days when he has eaten out or had EHU and used no gas.
He has used 13kg in 26 days which is 500g per day.
If he continues this use pattern he will use 22.5kg, which is more than half.

I wasn't going to gloat but seeing as you brought it up.

This seems a bit like gloating.
Told yah! And everyone else. 🤣

It is a pity as you would have lost.

I wouldn't have lost, he is using 900g each off grid day

We plan to be away for 45 days

You said he would use under 20kg in 45 days = 450g per off grid day
Ill bet you wont even use half of it.

I said he would use 750g per off grid day
When it comes to gas planning I use the following based on Manufacturers specifications and personal experience.
So 750 g per day for 45 days = just under 34 kg. If all your cylinders are full to start with you have 39kg. So only 10% contingency.

You did of course start changing the goal posts.

I moved the goal posts in your favour.
I allowed you an extra 150g per off grid day and reduced mine by 50g per off grid day.

The bet I proposed was
If it is more than 700g (700g for 45 days = 32 kg) You give £10 to my charity.
If it is less than 600 g (600g for 45 days = 27kg) I'll give £10 to your charity.
If it is between 600 and 700g we each give £10 to the others charity.

By my maths I'm right, I'm sure by your maths you're right.

I'm glad we aren't leaders of nations.

This seems a bit like gloating

I wouldn't have lost, he is using over 900g each off grid day.

You said he would use under 20 kg for 45 days off grid = 20,000 / 45 = 450g per day

I said he would use 750g per day

Nope, the bet I proposed was.

Considering his gas usage overall including the 30% of days when he has eaten out or had EHU and used no gas.
He has used 13kg in 26 days which is 500g per day.
If he continues this use pattern he will use 22.5kg, which is more than half.

Give over! You have tried to blind everyone with a whole host of figures and equations but on page one we knew he was mainly off grid and unlikely to need heating. I said there was no chance he would run out of gas by a country mile, you said you were doubtful. I didn't need to look at all your maths, it was obvious from experience. Had you taken the bet, which is when you started changing the goal posts you would have lost. 😁

on page one we knew he was mainly off grid and unlikely to need heating.
Your "won't use half of it" post is #4 and there is nothing in the first three to say he will be using sites & EHU
This site is "Wild camping" not "Commercial site camping").
Agreed about the heating, which is why I never included gas for that purpose.

you said you were doubtful.
When I said I was doubtful I made it clear that this was based on 45 days off grid and no meals out.

So 750 g per day for 45 days = just under 34 kg. If all your cylinders are full to start with you have 39kg. So only 10% contingency.to port.

I didn't need to look at all your maths,
Sorry if the maths is irrelevant in your world but it is very useful in mine.
I prefer hard facts to opinions.

The proposed bet was an attempt to define the bet in a precise way, you never offered an alternative.

Anyhow you are convinced that you are right, I'm convinced that I'm right and neither of use is going to change the other's mind.

Like I said, "I'm glad we aren't leaders of nations."

Your "won't use half of it" post is #4 and there is nothing in the first three to say he will be using sites & EHU
This site is "Wild camping" not "Commercial site camping").
Agreed about the heating, which is why I never included gas for that purpose.

When I said I was doubtful I made it clear that this was based on 45 days off grid and no meals out.

Sorry if the maths is irrelevant in your world but it is very useful in mine.
I prefer hard facts to opinions.

The proposed bet was an attempt to define the bet in a precise way, you never offered an alternative.

Anyhow you are convinced that you are right, I'm convinced that I'm right and neither of use is going to change the other's mind.

Like I said, "I'm glad we aren't leaders of nations."

This is what you said on the first page and I Quote.

"Can I have a bet that he ends up buying gas?"

I immediately agreed as there was no way no matter what kind of camping he was doing he was going to use 80 litres of gas in August. He even said he wouldn't need heating. He could have cooked a roast dinner every day and still not run out.

It's not a question of us both thinking we are right. It's an actual "fact" that I am right. He didn't run out of gas like I said he wouldn't. You doubted he would last and were prepared to bet that he would run out. He didn't, you were wrong. It's as simple as that.

This is what you said on the first page and I Quote.

"Can I have a bet that he ends up buying gas?"

I immediately agreed as there was no way no matter what kind of camping he was doing he was going to use 80 litres of gas in August. He even said he wouldn't need heating. He could have cooked a roast dinner every day and still not run out.

It's not a question of us both thinking we are right. It's an actual "fact" that I am. You doubted he would last and were prepared to bet that he would run out. He didn't, you were wrong. It's as simple as that.
"having a 10% contingency" is very different to having to buy gas.
You said he wouldn't use half of the gas for 45 days off grid. You were wrong. It is a simple as that

We both of us made ambiguous statements, and both of us inferred things from various posts.

That is why I tried to agree on a precisely defined bet to benefit one or two charities.

I think the chances of us agreeing is only slightly better than Israel & Palestine making up.

Let's find a toilet thread and argue about that.
(I think pink fluid in the flush tank causes black bits, what is your opinion.)

"having a 10% contingency" is very different to having to buy gas.
You said he wouldn't use half of the gas for 45 days off grid. You were wrong. It is a simple as that

We both of us made ambiguous statements, and both of us inferred things from various posts.

That is why I tried to agree on a precisely defined bet to benefit one or two charities.

I think the chances of us agreeing is only slightly better than Israel & Palestine making up.

Let's find a toilet thread and argue about that.
(I think pink fluid in the flush tank causes black bits, what is your opinion.)

Now your splitting hairs as for reasons only known to you, you just can't stand to be wrong! It was pretty clear what I said. There was no way he was running out. Not in a million years. I was right, you were wrong, thems the facts. It's like arguing black is white.

**** both of you send the money to the charities and then go sit on the naughty step and think about your argument. If you promise to behave then you can both go out and play 🙄

Davy

Sounds like a plan. I'll send another tenner to the Donkeys! 😁

There's nothing to think about and there is no argument. Just sayin. 😂

**** both of you send the money to the charities and then go sit on the naughty step and think about your argument. If you promise to behave then you can both go out and play 🙄

Davy

Already given my £10 (and £10 on Barry's behalf) to my charity.
It is Autism Initiatives.

My son (50+yo) is on the Autistic spectrum
My wife has been a volunteer for over 30 years.
She is currently the (unpaid) Deputy Chair of the Main Board.
I have also served as an unpaid director.

Already given my £10 (and £10 on Barry's behalf) to my charity.
It is Autism Initiatives.

My son (50+yo) is on the Autistic spectrum
My wife has been a volunteer for over 30 years.
She is currently the (unpaid) Deputy Chair of the Main Board.
I have also served as an unpaid director.

Great cause. I enjoyed the heated squabble though. 😁😀

Now your splitting hairs as for reasons only known to you, you just can't stand to be wrong! It was pretty clear what I said. There was no way he was running out. Not in a million years. I was right, you were wrong, thems the facts. It's like arguing black is white.

Yes you did say that and you were right.
I did say 750g per off grid day, and I was right.

We can both cherry pick statements that we made that were true.

We failed to agree on a decisive definition for a bet.

I said

Which implies that we both made mistakes.

I inferred that we were discussing gas consumption on off grid days, will you own up to your errors?

I still think I was right, and you still think you were right.
Maybe we were both right about different things

An Olive branch is offered, do you accept ?

At least two deserving causes are better off.

Yes you did say that and you were right.
I did say 750g per off grid day, and I was right.

We can both cherry pick statements that we made that were true.

We failed to agree on a decisive definition for a bet.

I said

Which implies that we both made mistakes.

I inferred that we were discussing gas consumption on off grid days, will you own up to your errors?

I still think I was right, and you still think you were right.
Maybe we were both right about different things

An Olive branch is offered, do you accept ?

At least two deserving causes are better off.

Yes I think we have done it to death. No need for an olive branch but of course it's accepted. Just a bit of fun.

Black and white win to Mister D IMHO ....

Screenshot_20240811_144658_Chrome.jpg

Back