How can you receive TV in the MH by wifi?

Some say there is an illegal site called "The Pirate Bay". Many sites actually. Apparently you can download just about anything from them from Netflix, sky etc. No need for mobile data or firesticks then. You can just download several months worth before you go and watch straight from your laptop or device offline. Apparently. 😎

Some say there is an illegal site called "The Pirate Bay". Many sites actually. Apparently you can download just about anything from them from Netflix, sky etc. No need for mobile data or firesticks then. You can just download several months worth before you go and watch straight from your laptop or device offline. Apparently. 😎

Do these random people also suggest using a VPN or do they suggest that access can be gained without one?

Do these random people also suggest using a VPN or do they suggest that access can be gained without one?

Ive googled it. Yes (apparently) you have to use a VPN otherwise UK providers will block the site and you might get the piracy Police knocking on your door without one. So they say.

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
We used to take the TV with us, but now we each have two tablets (cast offs) plus laptops and just download stuff, we both get to watch what we like & if we run out we just go get a coffee and download more & unless you actually need live TV it is the cheapest least complicated option

I think it's worthwhile pointing out that Kodi in it's self isn't illegal to use and is in fact a very good media player and organiser, it even keeps track of what you've watched (y)

Regards,
Del

I'm sure a bloke in the pub just the other night was thinking of telling me about all that.

Mind you, if he had I would have had to tell him that I'm tied into Sky for the next 2 months at the ridiculous fee of 96 quid a month! :mad:

Well, I thought I'd check exactly when my contract expires and I've found it expired a couple of years ago! So, I logged into the Sky website to see about cancelling. I went onto the 'chatroom' or whatever it's called and once I had stated that I wanted to cancel I was immediately put into a 40 minute queue to wait for an advisor.

Once I got through to an advisor I spent another 2 hours being made various offers which didn't even approach what they are offering new customers. I also noted on my account that I am a 'VIP customer' - I should blimmin well think so at 96 squid a month! But apparently VIP's in reality are new customers who they can turn the screw on later, like most places these days loyalty means nothing.

So, eventually I insisted that they cancel my contract (subject to 31 days notice) and after another half hour or so it was finally put in place. :)

A free one to try is better than spending £40+ and then finding new tech not for you, if you don't get on with it you can put it back on here for someone else to try, no problem for me it is just sat in a drawer:ROFLMAO:
I am posting this off today Simon, sorry for the delay but a few problems got in the way of doing it earlier, (I have sterilised it just in case 😂) I have reset it to factory default but I couldn't put any apps on because I would have had to put my Amazon account details on to install them, sort of defeats the reason for resetting to factory default, it is simple to set up once you have it, if you don't have an Amazon account just open one, it doesn't cost anything if you don't want it to, any questions when you have received it just ask away

Well, I thought I'd check exactly when my contract expires and I've found it expired a couple of years ago! So, I logged into the Sky website to see about cancelling. I went onto the 'chatroom' or whatever it's called and once I had stated that I wanted to cancel I was immediately put into a 40 minute queue to wait for an advisor.

Once I got through to an advisor I spent another 2 hours being made various offers which didn't even approach what they are offering new customers. I also noted on my account that I am a 'VIP customer' - I should blimmin well think so at 96 squid a month! But apparently VIP's in reality are new customers who they can turn the screw on later, like most places these days loyalty means nothing.

So, eventually I insisted that they cancel my contract (subject to 31 days notice) and after another half hour or so it was finally put in place. :)
£96 buys a lot of motorbike petrol Rob. (y)

Had to go old school yesterday in the van. No Vodafone signal at all on the CL south of Keswick surrounded by mountains and whilst my EE Sim worked (just) its almost out of data and its flaming expensive to top up now so I dug out the now at least ten years old MotorhomeWifi iBoost and after an hour of messing about sticking it on the outside of the window it latched onto an EE (Formally BT) Wifi hot spot. No idea where it is but its working and its free! I think it maybe from a house on the other side of the valley. :cool:

I still have my Motorhomewifi kit Barry, it is mounted on an old wind up satellite pole so I waterproofed it and now it is left in place, simply wind it up and turn for the strongest signal, I have a Solwise rocket as well plus a Ubiquiti kit (same as MHWF) , you won't catch me without a signal 😀

I still have my Motorhomewifi kit Barry, it is mounted on an old wind up satellite pole so I waterproofed it and now it is left in place, simply wind it up and turn for the strongest signal, I have a Solwise rocket as well plus a Ubiquiti kit (same as MHWF) , you won't catch me without a signal 😀
Lol! We were just talking about that. Having the internet in the van is just a must have now. Bit sad but there you go. 😁

Well, having given 31 days notice yesterday, I find that all of my services have been cancelled today! This means that all of the stuff we have recorded is now gone and Julie and my daughter Sarah are not very happy.

So we got on the 'phone and spoke to an advisor who said that she couldn't understand why yesterdays advisor had done this and on checking found that she had backdated the calendar to read that we had cancelled 31 days ago!

Obviously I have sent off a complaint but I don't expect that I will get far with that but on the bright side I will get a refund of £96 for the monthly fee I paid a few days ago.

What a f****** shambles! :mad:

Well, having given 31 days notice yesterday, I find that all of my services have been cancelled today! This means that all of the stuff we have recorded is now gone and Julie and my daughter Sarah are not very happy.

So we got on the 'phone and spoke to an advisor who said that she couldn't understand why yesterdays advisor had done this and on checking found that she had backdated the calendar to read that we had cancelled 31 days ago!

Obviously I have sent off a complaint but I don't expect that I will get far with that but on the bright side I will get a refund of £96 for the monthly fee I paid a few days ago.

What a f****** shambles! :mad:

If you want to see what is available on a firestick I am going back to the MIL's tomorrow and passing close by on the A1, or jump on the bike and come to Puckeridge over the weekend, for some reason or other I cannot message you and I have lost your phone number

Buys quite a few old Skodas too :ROFLMAO:
Yep this one cost £10 and went 15 years.
cloughy a.jpg

If you want to see what is available on a firestick I am going back to the MIL's tomorrow and passing close by on the A1, or jump on the bike and come to Puckeridge over the weekend, for some reason or other I cannot message you and I have lost your phone number

Thanks Terry, just texted you my number.

Julie tells me we already have a Firestick so we're going to have a play with that tomorrow - I have other irons in the fire as well. :giggle:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back