How can I put this...

EarthDemon

What makes a camper van? The bog of course. Freedom is not having to find a public toilet in Wolverhampton at 4am. Some have a bucket - I've got the usual side-loading cassette khazi.

Five years in and I've learned how to mitigate the pong one way or tother. I think we can all agree it's worse in the summer.

Anyway enough of this gay banter. Do cassettes benefit from replacing? Maybe the seals corrode or something?

My daughter's boyfriend, who I've yet to meet is looking forward to seeing the van and I'd like him to associate meeting me with something other than the smell of shite.

Pardon my ignorance but is the seal part of the box or the throne?

The cassette as far as I know. What model do you have?

I'm assuming you use some sort of toilet fluid in there? Maybe try something else.

What makes a camper van? The bog of course. Freedom is not having to find a public toilet in Wolverhampton at 4am. Some have a bucket - I've got the usual side-loading cassette khazi.

Five years in and I've learned how to mitigate the pong one way or tother. I think we can all agree it's worse in the summer.

Anyway enough of this gay banter. Do cassettes benefit from replacing? Maybe the seals corrode or something?

My daughter's boyfriend, who I've yet to meet is looking forward to seeing the van and I'd like him to associate meeting me with something other than the smell of shite.
As someone who used to work in Queen Square, Wolverhampton [and used to broadcast on Beacon Radio when it was on 303MW! 1982-83], just tell the boyfriend that it certainly didn't smell like that when you ate it. Unless he has a forehead you can shelter from the rain under, he'll understand ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Ask the boyfriend if he's heard of the Winds of Change; and then tell him that the cassette smells of a change of wind, and not just direction ... :rolleyes:

Steve

As you mention ‘gay’, ’public loo at 4am’ and Wolverhampton in the same quote you’re unlikely to live long enough to meet the boyfriend, just ask if he’s a member of the subway army’ if a chance arises. :ROFLMAO:

As someone who used to work in Queen Square, Wolverhampton [and used to broadcast on Beacon Radio when it was on 303MW! 1982-83], just tell the boyfriend that it certainly didn't smell like that when you ate it. Unless he has a forehead you can shelter from the rain under, he'll understand ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve
Shouldn’t that be “Bacon radio” ?

Pardon my ignorance but is the seal part of the box or the throne?

Lots of vids on Youtube showing how to change the seal. A 20 minute job including tea break.
Also vids showing how to deep clean the cassette which makes all the difference.
I do a annual deep clean and have no problems with the smell.
Another tip is not to leave the cassette empty when the MoHo is not in use. A couple of litres of water and some fluid.

Tried the cleaning and seal replacing and it didn't do jack (pardon the pun) so I did some research and found out that although folks think a cassette is a sealed unit it isn't. It's sealed when you take it out and trundle it to the disposal point but when you slide it back into the van a cam on the compartment floor opens a vent and the stink is free to exit the cassette into the compartment below. Problem is the cassette compartment doesn't vent to outside and that stink just ends up in the van.
I fixed mine in less than an hour with parts that cost a couple of quid. It makes a massive difference. I've been meaning to get around to posting the details which I'll do tomorrow on a separate post.

My old cassette I might add that got destroyed in the muddy field on the bike is still at the back of room 101 (my garage at home). The tip won't take it and neither will Sellafield Nuclear waste plant. It's probably got a toxic half life of 10000 years. When the last one of us pops out clogs hopefully many years from now it pleases me that one of my younger beneficiaries will have to deal with it. 😎

Mine sits for weeks before emptying, the bio tabs do there work, just light brown water comes out and no stink, it takes time for it to break down.
If emptying all the time thr chems/bio wont have worked, thats why it stinks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back