Home From Home (For Now)

• Thread starter Deleted member 91967
  • Start date
Going away for the night to Norfolk, maybe around the Hunstanton area or further up the coast. Anyway I said I'd get a few pictures of the setup (if it can even be called such a thing haha).

View attachment 99759
View attachment 99760
View attachment 99761
Nothing much but she is comfy, warm, dry and ultimately mobile so it'll do for now, when I get a bigger car I will be getting a roofbox for a little extra capacity.
Leave a bowl out, you might get some change ;)

Only teasing, when wild camping once I slept in a bin bag not realising how much moisture we create during the night, young & dumb eh, as you say it is mobile and dry which is all that's needed and looks pretty cosy. Keep it up and when a Ranger comes knocking on your window they will probably believe the 'mrs kicked me out story and let you stay' (y)

I have overnighted in my Passat a couple of times, I found it very comfortable using a Thermarest sleeping mat and a Mountain Equipment four season down sleeping, with a good sleeping bag you can leave the windows open a little to avoid condensation.

I used to run an Opel Manta many moons ago, slept in that for 7weeks on a housing building site in the centre of Wythenshaw.
Woke up one morning to 8 ins of snow on the car roof, opened the door to see 2 Scots lads in their underpants breaking the ice on a barrel of water to get a wash in....🐻😮👍

I used to run an Opel Manta many moons ago, slept in that for 7weeks on a housing building site in the centre of Wythenshaw.
Woke up one morning to 8 ins of snow on the car roof, opened the door to see 2 Scots lads in their underpants breaking the ice on a barrel of water to get a wash in....🐻😮👍
Couldn’t have been Scots lads the washing bit confirms that. Unless they were needing water to put in their whisky. 😂😂

Probably though summer had arrived early.....

Actually,
Scots lads washing......

I'm thinking made up story now ;-)

I now car-camp. I sold my Romahome camper last year and have no regrets because 'wildcamping' is becoming more difficult now. Nobody notices me in a car which is much more discreet although it's chilly in winter.

I now car-camp. I sold my Romahome camper last year and have no regrets because 'wildcamping' is becoming more difficult now. Nobody notices me in a car which is much more discreet although it's chilly in winter.
Toileting springs to mind. :eek:

Just had a lightbulb moment just realised it’s you Vernon :) that’s very stealth and you will get to stay in some great places unlike NumberThirteen Bus, it’s like taking an elephant to the supermarket ;) we stay on CL’s and a odd WC when not working. Big hugs 🤗

Just had a lightbulb moment just realised it’s you Vernon :) that’s very stealth and you will get to stay in some great places unlike NumberThirteen Bus, it’s like taking an elephant to the supermarket ;) we stay on CL’s and a odd WC when not working. Big hugs 🤗

Is that really the original Firefox Pen?

I did wonder when he first introduced himself, but Vernon has always had a van hasn't he?

Is that really the original Firefox Pen?

I did wonder when he first introduced himself, but Vernon has always had a van hasn't he?

...no it's not, Vernon is definitely not 32 and from Lincolnshire!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back