Home From Home (For Now)

• Thread starter Deleted member 91967
  • Start date

Deleted member 91967

OK not a van for motorhome but until I get my Sprinter LWB which hopefully will be next year this is what I have. Nothing amazing but she is warm, dry and so far has been trekking all over the place. I love her.

These were taken last weekend when I went for a night to no idea where. I was heading for Spurn Point but was getting tired, annoyingly that was next to a gas terminal. Sometimes it doesn't work out so you got to roll with it haha

DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg

These were taken at Thirlmere in the Lake District about 2 months ago. In the 3 days I was in Cumbria I covered over 800 miles, poor Mitsi is clocking up the miles now on her little 1.6L engine.

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

Do you curl up on the back seat or can you alter the passenger seat to get a bit more length?

I lay the back seats down and remove the parcel shelf. I'm just under 5ft11 so enough space.

When I go away again I'll take some pictures of the setup. When I first thought about it I was expecting it to kill my back but surprisingly comfortable.

We met an Italian chap in Nordkaap.He'd driven up in a 3 door hatchback.Said he had everything he needed.He was waiting patiently with his camera and tripod to photograph the midnight sun

I lay the back seats down and remove the parcel shelf. I'm just under 5ft11 so enough space.

When I go away again I'll take some pictures of the setup. When I first thought about it I was expecting it to kill my back but surprisingly comfortable.
Curtains?

What about a toilet,

Supermarkets or public toilets. So far it has been perfectly fine but right now I have no choice. The Sprinter won't be until next year once the pennies have been amassed.

I once had an itchy pussy galant vr4 4x4 went everywhere camping wae that car one of the best cars I’ve ever owned.

LWB is gonna feel like a palace!
Supermarkets or public toilets. So far it has been perfectly fine but right now I have no choice. The Sprinter won't be until next year once the pennies have been amassed.
If buying a converted one please be wary of lock down builds. I knocked about on a self build FB group until I couldn't take the 'chest beating' any more and I think there will be some poorly built conversions on the market next year. If converting yourself come over to the sister site 'motorhome builder', it is quiet and you wont get answers quickly like on FB but its quality not quantity

Possibly its quiet cos gobshites get ripped apart (politely I'm sure) very quickly, not sure tbh

LWB is gonna feel like a palace!

If buying a converted one please be wary of lock down builds. I knocked about on a self build FB group until I couldn't take the 'chest beating' any more and I think there will be some poorly built conversions on the market next year. If converting yourself come over to the sister site 'motorhome builder', it is quiet and you wont get answers quickly like on FB but its quality not quantity

Possibly its quiet cos gobshites get ripped apart (politely I'm sure) very quickly, not sure tbh

Me and my brother will be doing the conversion, I want an open canvas especially when something goes wrong on the fly, I'd like to be able to diagnose it myself.

Going away for the night to Norfolk, maybe around the Hunstanton area or further up the coast. Anyway I said I'd get a few pictures of the setup (if it can even be called such a thing haha).

IMG_20210710_140613.jpg

IMG_20210710_140426.jpg

IMG_20210710_140433.jpg

Nothing much but she is comfy, warm, dry and ultimately mobile so it'll do for now, when I get a bigger car I will be getting a roofbox for a little extra capacity.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back