Help. Disconnected battery now problems

When i changed my car battery, i connected my battery charger to the battery leads and switched on. Then disconnected the battery leads and changed the battery. Much lighter wiring, crocadile clips for simple connection, no loss of data, and cheap solution. Sorry not much help to you but might be an idea for next time. Also for around £20 you can buy off ebay, a maintainance charger if a normal wet cell battery, and have access to mains electric when in storage. Uses very little power and keeps your battery fully charged.
Hope you get fixed ok.

When i changed my car battery, i connected my battery charger to the battery leads and switched on. Then disconnected the battery leads and changed the battery. Much lighter wiring, crocadile clips for simple connection, no loss of data, and cheap solution. Sorry not much help to you but might be an idea for next time. Also for around £20 you can buy off ebay, a maintainance charger if a normal wet cell battery, and have access to mains electric when in storage. Uses very little power and keeps your battery fully charged.
Hope you get fixed ok.
A battery charger is not a power supply, many smart chargers wont switch on if no battery is hooked up, any 12v battery pack even a small one like a bike battery will work connected to the main battery leads before you lift them off the starter battery.

Finally got the problem sorted, well after throwing money at it!
Turns out that when the auto electrician connected his black box of tricks he was unable to simulate any dial movement. Dismantling the dashboard module he physically moved all of the dial pointers as they had stuck/seized in the zero position. Low and behold all worked ok.
So the morale to this story is dont' leave your motorhome parked up for months on end!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back