Hello from delicagirl

Steady !!

now then boys ... just calm yourselves.... I love life, when I party I PARTY, when I work, I work hard, I exercise and I laugh a lot - and I have to agree that I do get a bit "wild" now and again.. especially on a dance floor - but its only my joie de vivre trying to regain its lost youth ....... :rolleyes2:

roll on the next meet....

Hi Delica girl. I bought my motorhome 6 months ago and have wildcamped in Wales, England and Scotland. I only stop where I feel comfortable and have everything ready so I could move off in 30 seconds... I have internal screens so I don't have to go outside. And so far I haven't carried my bike because it shows that only one person is inside. Although its a mans bike so maybe I will relax a bit on that. I have felt safe even when some lads turned up in an old car making lots of noise. I tutted to myself thinking they were disturbing the silence. They didn't stay long. That was in Wales, miles from any big town. I guessed they were locals and not your more dangerous inner city yobs. I guess its actually more dangerous for lone women in highly populated places.

I was out in the Defender the other day when it started snowing and I spotted a car with hazards on in the hedge. I stopped to see if I could help. I was very nervous on approaching as I noticed it was a lone lady in the car. I didn't know whether to go any further or not. biting the bullet and as it was snowing quite a lot I did. She looked at me like I was a polar bear looking for a seal and locked the doors and waved her phone at me.I decided as she had a phone she was probably be okay and cleared off.
It's not easy for blokes who just want to help!
Anyone had a similar experience?

I have only been doing this a year now, but I have parked in lots of different places and felt pretty well fine everywhere from the tops of bare mountains to inner city Gateshead, I do have a very large dog with me so that probably helps.

We all read in the papers about the things which go wrong, so obviously bad things can and do happen, but often I feel that the old saying There is nothing to fear but fear itself is the maxim I shall try to live by.

Since Christmas - hotel carpark, industrial estate in Black Country, roadside in Stourbridge, friends field in Stourport, pub carpark at Llangynwyn (wonderful New Year with the Mari Lwyd), bit of waste ground on way to Cardiff. Today tucked up in Cardiff Caravan Park with nice EU, mind you it is £25 a night for me and the dog!

Was intending to go round the castle, but it has been throwing it down. Still its giving me a bit of time to try and get last years journal entries up to date, and I have just started working on a new WordPress Blog. Not going v. well at present, but this is the link if it does get going The World Is My Lobster – The continuing travels of Thebus Phoebe and me.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back