Height Barriers

lthoel2

What is it with East Lyndsey council!! We’ve been over to Sutton On Sea for the weekend. We stayed on a CS site and it was lovely but yesterday we went down to Skegness. Every carpark on the coast between Sutton and Skegness has a height barrier and the annoying thing is some of them were half empty. So after getting to the end of Skegness we decided to head for home. Spend my money at home instead. I won’t be bothering to go there again, waste of time.

Having witnessed the behaviour of motorhome owners at Hutoft car terrace, I fully understand the height barriers.
Vans parked side on and/or vans parked end on with awnings out, when there's a queue of cars trying to find somewhere to park will never go down well, we drove back inland to the Wolds for a quiet hassle free time.

Vans should be allowed to park same as any other car, but it should be like spain, any awnings out/chairs etc and not parked with wheels to the kirb should be fined heavey, its the only way to bring the message home to nutters.
You are parking and not having a free for all roadside party.

Vans should be allowed to park same as any other car, but it should be like spain, any awnings out/chairs etc and not parked with wheels to the kirb should be fined heavey, its the only way to bring the message home to nutters.
You are parking and not having a free for all roadside party.
Problem here is everything is knee jerk reaction Trev, it’s why we have become a nanny state. Easier to blanket legislate than actually target what’s wrong

As I keep saying, lobby your MP, that is why we have so many cycle lanes etc they do lobbying really well.

What is it with East Lyndsey council!! We’ve been over to Sutton On Sea for the weekend. We stayed on a CS site and it was lovely but yesterday we went down to Skegness. Every carpark on the coast between Sutton and Skegness has a height barrier and the annoying thing is some of them were half empty. So after getting to the end of Skegness we decided to head for home. Spend my money at home instead. I won’t be bothering to go there again, waste of time.
We are the same. We started at Cleethorpes the only carpark we stay at our of town has a new height barrier. Working our way down the coast are all the same withe height barrier's & empty. We are parking out of town on in villages & not spending money.

Thanks for replies but I’ve just thought, what would happen if the driver of a van or Motorhome suddenly becomes unwell, where do they go. I’ve just sent this question to East Lyndsey council. I’ll wait in anticipation for a reply, see what they say

Not just there. In Sussex, where I live there are lots of places I would like to visit but can't as I have a high top camper. So many car parks have height barriers and this is my main vehicle.
I have written to the council but they don't care.
Not great for tourism even if you park on site at night.

Not just there. In Sussex, where I live there are lots of places I would like to visit but can't as I have a high top camper. So many car parks have height barriers and this is my main vehicle.
I have written to the council but they don't care.
Not great for tourism even if you park on site at night.

I think that is what the council's forget/ ignore/ don't care about! Even if on a site, one might like to visit nearby towns as a tourist....so can't spend any money in their tourist destinations. Their loss, but frustrating.

Thanks for replies but I’ve just thought, what would happen if the driver of a van or Motorhome suddenly becomes unwell, where do they go. I’ve just sent this question to East Lyndsey council. I’ll wait in anticipation for a reply, see what they say
Hospital

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back