Heading out this coming 4th July?

I'm in west sussex on the coast weather is depressing wet and windy glad i'm at home

Our son who lives in his own little world decided he would ring up and get an appointment at his favourite hairdressers yesterday to cut his mop :unsure:

He was shocked to find out that they are booked solid until the end of september o_O

Wales next week for me on business, last time I went to Wales it was in the MH I had to explain to a stupid over zealous council official i was there for the work to be done on my van at 3 ways garage Abergele, didnt belive me till I showed him the appointment email, and I almost knocked his head off... , he was a right hitler, accused instead of asking. i felt like an axe murderer. told me "You shouldn't be here" etc etc, before even asking why i was there or where I was from.
A couple of cops car parked round the corner assisted me, and seen more sense so asked him to move on after they asked me the right questions. Didnt go down well as i took his and his conwy van picture though :) :devilish:

...with an axe? :giggle:

Feel a bit sorry for anyone heading out. Whats happened to the weather? We went up on the tops in the Dales yesterday near Askrig and it was like winter. Blowing a gale and wet. Looks pretty grim for the foreseeable and Gales again Sunday up here. :(

Hard to believe I was swimming in Lake Ullswater just a week or so ago.

Feel a bit sorry for anyone heading out. Whats happened to the weather? We went up on the tops in the Dales yesterday near Askrig and it was like winter. Blowing a gale and wet. Looks pretty grim for the foreseeable and Gales again Sunday up here. :(

Hard to believe I was swimming in Lake Ullswater just a week or so ago.

Typical innit, glorious sunshine when we are locked down, bleedin' winter when we get released.:mad:

Traffic reports this morning, heavy traffic on M5 Exeter area. Even if I could go away I don't think I would go anywhere near the coast.
p.s. check traffic england section of M4 closed, other parts slow, A303 and A30 several slow sections. Everyones heading SW it seems.

Last edited:
Just had a message from a mate who has gone away with his wife for a few days to a CAMC site,

They`re beginning to wish they hadn`t bothered, it`s like armageddon on site and they are seriously thinking of packing up and going home.

Im staying in until next weekend. Booked onto a cracking farm campsite near Donna Nook to photograph seals and finally do a decent Youtube video. Its usually empty but i got the last spot. Lowis Farm, definatly recommend it. Water and hook up, no toilets but flat grass, quiet and 5 mins from the seals. Only go onto the sandbanks if you know what your doing and DONT disturb the animals.

To be honest, I dont think Im bothered about getting away that much now. Im quite enjoying discovering new parts of the dales I have simply not bothered with in the twenty years I have lived here. Im still finding new stuff and Mrs D is finding new walks which of course are everywhere. There is a very slim chance I might get that motorbike ive been hankering after if we dont get away as well so maybe its that as well. 😎 Im thinking of selling the van while the market is hot and buying next winter.

Well we’re of to two C&M sites on Monday for two nights each, Buxton and Blackshaw moor both in the Peak District. Then on Saturday two nights up at Lochore. Then the following weekend New England bay in Dumfries and Galloway.
We have some wild camping planned for the west coast in August. Cant wait to get out again.

Reactions: 2cv
Well so much for traffic jams and the A66 chocka block with tuggers and motorhomes heading to Cumbria.
Arrived at a CS site near Penrith after a most pleasant drive from Teesside. The A66 was very quiet infact I was amazed to only see a few motorhomes and caravans most of which were heading east.
Mind you the site owners did mention that Ullswater was bouncing earlier today ! I for one will not be venturing into Keswick, Ambleside etc that’s for sure.

Reactions: 2cv
The Daily Mail, admittedly not renown for its accuracy, blamed the jams on camper vans and caravans. Their picture shows that actually there were rather more cars.

00F7F6A5-64EE-4D4A-A9AD-60FDA5E7F10B.png

Seen lots of campervans and motorhomes heading north past Stirling on the M9. Lots more traffic than I’ve seen of late. Seems people are venturing out despite the pants weather.

Booked a cl from the 7th for three nights the day the opening was announced and then three nights in club site from the 20th. Walking the dog is the most exciting thing I'll be getting up to this weekend. Unless, of course, I get an offer I can't refuse.
i hope your not going to be a pain, stick your head up, and smile, some body may see you, wave. ok.pj.

im staying put this weekend. Weathers crap and ive got a lot of beer and pies to get through. We'll pop out next weekend as ive got camera withdrawl syndrome. Maybe Bempton cliffs, Fulmars in Northumberland or Study Royal. Thought id best post now as in four hours time life will be more happy with me pies and beer glasses.
what not at barnard castle, oh no, youve mist the best treat, get your glasses on, ok.pj.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back