Heading out this coming 4th July?

I am delaying our departure until the 7th when we are off up to a very quiet CL for a 3 night break............. If I had my way it would have been for far longer, however during the lock down that SWMBO started planting seeds and plants and now damn it, we have to come back to water the blasted things!!
Dam it, we have done the same, got loads of veg growing so need to keep coming back to water the things.... lol..... So we will only go out local for a night or two then come back..

We have loads of veg growing too, tbh they can die of dehydration this time, nothing is going to stop us getting away when the time comes. Maybe a lot of hard work for nothing but lockdown has been harder work!

Stick plenty of mulch, cardboard, straw or bark on top, it helps stop the soil drying out.

Our peace has come to an end on the campsite we warden at. We drowned our sorrows with Bacardi last night and hope the rain puts a few off. We are ready for camping madness and lots of drinking as I am sure they will celebrate their freedom. We have fewer facilities open and when we clean will now look like Martians 👽 roll on November and our escape for the winter ❄️

Booked a cl from the 7th for three nights the day the opening was announced and then three nights in club site from the 20th. Walking the dog is the most exciting thing I'll be getting up to this weekend. Unless, of course, I get an offer I can't refuse.

Took full advantage and went to Stonehaven (in the car) today to see the sea which I haven’t seen for over 3 months! Bought a load of freshly caught langoustines from the Seafood Bothy and had them for lunch with white wine - yummy yummy.
Off to Loch Ness in the van tomorrow.

im staying put this weekend. Weathers crap and ive got a lot of beer and pies to get through. We'll pop out next weekend as ive got camera withdrawl syndrome. Maybe Bempton cliffs, Fulmars in Northumberland or Study Royal. Thought id best post now as in four hours time life will be more happy with me pies and beer glasses.

Took full advantage and went to Stonehaven (in the car) today to see the sea which I haven’t seen for over 3 months! Bought a load of freshly caught langoustines from the Seafood Bothy and had them for lunch with white wine - yummy yummy.
Off to Loch Ness in the van tomorrow.
Mind the bog roll tony😀😀

I am delaying our departure until the 7th when we are off up to a very quiet CL for a 3 night break............. If I had my way it would have been for far longer, however during the lock down that SWMBO started planting seeds and plants and now damn it, we have to come back to water the blasted things!!
Yes, Sods Law has it that all the salad stuff has grown like crazy after the rain, so we’ll have more than enough to scoff waiting for the dust to settle.

It was busy on the A3030 today with the surfers driving down to Cornwall. I think they were all a day early though for a overnight !

Rather mundane on the 6th will be travelling to Derby. Van has been booked in for MOT, service and hab check since roughly this time last year.
Staying in Derby 6th & 7th meeting a cousin of mine, picking up van and travelling home on the 8th. Don't feel the need for a celebration to mark the easing of lockdown, having said that I have been enjoying the company of my son DIL and granddaughters since we were allowed so maybe not as eager as some.
I know, boring old fart.

Wales next week for me on business, last time I went to Wales it was in the MH I had to explain to a stupid over zealous council official i was there for the work to be done on my van at 3 ways garage Abergele, didnt belive me till I showed him the appointment email, and I almost knocked his head off... , he was a right hitler, accused instead of asking. i felt like an axe murderer. told me "You shouldn't be here" etc etc, before even asking why i was there or where I was from.
A couple of cops car parked round the corner assisted me, and seen more sense so asked him to move on after they asked me the right questions. Didnt go down well as i took his and his conwy van picture though :) :devilish:

The Penwortham bypass has been as noisy as hell all night and still is now with traffic heading to and from the M6, it`s normally quite quiet in the early hours.

Had to nip over to Blackpool yesterday to sort out a problem with the father-in-laws mobile phone who is still shielding.

The journey back approx 19 miles along the A583 Preston New Road ( known locally as Blackpool Road ) was chocka block with caravans and motorhomes.

All of them loaded up i.e. full of people and heading for the Lytham / Lytham St. Annes / Blackpool / Fleetwood areas.

I started counting but lost track at the 50-ish point o_O

Similarly there are 2 storage places on the A584 near Freckleton that" allegedly " had queues with people wanting to pick up their caravans and motorhomes.

It`s going to be a mad mad world this weekend and i think we`ll stay well away from all the lunatic out there and chat to the lunatics on here instead :ROFLMAO:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back