Happy bunny, Hymer door hinges

Makzine

These arrived today, something I thought I would never see. I can't remember who it was on this forum that had some hinges made by this man but I got in touch and he said no he didn't make the ones I needed, so thought that was the end of the matter. How wrong was I, as a couple of weeks later he got back in touch having phoned all round Germany and any dealers in this country to find out that they are obsolete and not been available for the last 10 years. So what he wanted was a pattern, not a problem my camper was parked up in the shed and not likely to go anywhere so we took the door and frame out and posted off a hinge as a pattern. That was October last year and today I have received a package of new hinges so I can now put my door back on.
I have not met or have any relationship with this gentleman apart from finding his name on the forums, but would whole heartedly recommend him to anyone looking for hinges.

If anyone needs to contact him his email address is billsunhinged59@outlook.com.

these are for a Hymer 694 tag axle 1994 but would probably fit other models.

thumbnail_IMG_1417.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1418.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1419.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. How easy was it to remove the hinges. Might have to renew mine. It looks as though the door has to be stripped apart. Electric cable remove. Then I can access the hinges. . . Or am I missing the obvious normally do. Brian Ps where in Kent are you
93BBC24A-0660-44BE-A9F4-F2DE32338782.jpeg

We had to take the door and frame out to make sure we didn't bu**er something up as it's an old van. Yours are different to mine but always worth an ask. I'n just outside Ashford.

I seem to vaguely remember it being Jennie @Minisorella who suggested this?

Anyway, definitely one to bookmark.
I can't remember as it was back in October last year sometime, but very grateful that they published it or I would still have a wonky door. .Very helpful guy as well.

If it works don't knock it and are you sure that's a 32 amp fuse looks more like a 25 amp to me 😂

I was wrong (sorry Jennie) it was Graham @Wooie1958 he's usually pretty helpful for this sort of thing.
No not me :) I had a thread about my old 5-part Ellbee hinges a couple of years ago at least... just couldn't get hold of any. In the end I bought some 3-part hinges of the same type and we mixed and matched the component parts so that I could replace the broken bits but still use the fly-screen. I remember Mr Woo posting a link to this chap a fair while afterwards and I made sure to bookmark it too for the future. Great job on Makzine's hinges... what a star Bill is! (y)

Hi. Well after viewing the comments on 32 amp. And 25 amp fuses I realised where I had gone wrong. So I put a 27.5 amp fuse in and it now opens closes fine. Nah. Saw the photos realised I can strip hinges in situ so did this. Reassembled and voila. Thanks for the time and photos folks. Exit stage right. Me gone Brian

Hinges look a complex shape of al/al extrusion, they could also be machined from solid block of alloy, are they bespoke made?

They certainly look good and well made.
Not sure how they were made but definitely well made and I know of someone else who has some coming from the same guy.

These arrived today, something I thought I would never see. I can't remember who it was on this forum that had some hinges made by this man but I got in touch and he said no he didn't make the ones I needed, so thought that was the end of the matter. How wrong was I, as a couple of weeks later he got back in touch having phoned all round Germany and any dealers in this country to find out that they are obsolete and not been available for the last 10 years. So what he wanted was a pattern, not a problem my camper was parked up in the shed and not likely to go anywhere so we took the door and frame out and posted off a hinge as a pattern. That was October last year and today I have received a package of new hinges so I can now put my door back on.
I have not met or have any relationship with this gentleman apart from finding his name on the forums, but would whole heartedly recommend him to anyone looking for hinges.

If anyone needs to contact him his email address is billsunhinged59@outlook.com.

these are for a Hymer 694 tag axle 1994 but would probably fit other models.

View attachment 93667View attachment 93668View attachment 93669
wow those are amazing, I will email straight away. Many thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back