Halfords worse than Dick Turpin

myshell

Free Member
I need a new leisure battery for my van, looked on t'internet last night and found a 115 AH battery advertised on Halfords web site for £95:00, I made a note of the physical size of the battery so that I could check if it will fit in my battery box, when I rang their Preston store this morning to order one, the price had gone up overnight to £135:00 Highway robbery.

Phil

Why not become a full member here then get discount from alpha battery and you will save your membership fee this way

I need a new leisure battery for my van, looked on t'internet last night and found a 115 AH battery advertised on Halfords web site for £95:00, I made a note of the physical size of the battery so that I could check if it will fit in my battery box, when I rang their Preston store this morning to order one, the price had gone up overnight to £135:00 Highway robbery.

Phil
If the price is still advertised at the lower price on the tinternet then go in the store and ask for the battery but at the online price they have always honoured the price when I have done so.

If the price is still advertised at the lower price on the tinternet then go in the store and ask for the battery but at the online price they have always honoured the price when I have done so.

Yep ... I always check their online price, save the page on my phone and pay that in store after they tell me their price ... just on the off chance that they undercharge me.

I have saved money a couple of times doing this ... but the battery you mention was same price in store when I bought it at £95

Last edited:
Halfords do a click and collect
order online then collect and pay at the store

Yep ... I always check their online price, save the page on my phone and pay that in store after they tell me their price ... just on the off chance that they undercharge me.

I have saved money a couple of times doing this ... but the battery you mention was same price in store when I bought it at £95

Yep,,I Often do this at a lot of places I go to if I need anything,
Have a Coffee n a few Clicks in comfort on The Nest, Then Hit the stores to see if I can save on the on line price. But mainly on the bigger spend item's, Not the more every day/week stuff, Although I should !.

Why not become a full member here then get discount from alpha battery and you will save your membership fee this way

Fine if they bother to call you back when you phone them ... and then actually deliver nationwide for free ... the boy I spoke to said he'd have to check on delivery charges then I never heard from them again.

Halfords got my custom ... but, I agree join the forum, it's worth it.

Yep,,I Often do this at a lot of places I go to if I need anything,
Have a Coffee n a few Clicks in comfort on The Nest, Then Hit the stores to see if I can save on the on line price. But mainly on the bigger spend item's, Not the more every day/week stuff, Although I should !.

The My Supermarket app is quite handy.

Halfrauds are probably the most expensive place on earth to buy car parts. There is a dedicated car-battery shop on nearby Fylde Road in Preston and I have had excellent service from a company called Tanya Batteries who I have found to be the cheapest on Fleabay.

We were looking at that battery in our local Halfords (Hull) yesterday. It was marked at £95 so I think your local branch has made a mistake. As others have said, order it online as a click and collect and you automatically get the online price.

Halfrauds are probably the most expensive place on earth to buy car parts. There is a dedicated car-battery shop on nearby Fylde Road in Preston and I have had excellent service from a company called Tanya Batteries who I have found to be the cheapest on Fleabay.

You get what you pay for buy cheap get crap
Also buying on ebay probably coming from China what happens if you have a claim?
I paid for a 210 amp hour explorer German made £250 from alpha batteries after WC discount

As for halfords they charged me £60 for 2 wiper blades Inc £4 fitting less than 30 seconds each to fit
Mind you I was desperate to get them done I would have put them on upside down!

Phil

Dick turpin had the decency to wear a mask,why go there try a proper battery shop and about £65/75 would be about right.

You get what you pay for buy cheap get crap
Also buying on ebay probably coming from China what happens if you have a claim?
I paid for a 210 amp hour explorer German made £250 from alpha batteries after WC discount

As for halfords they charged me £60 for 2 wiper blades Inc £4 fitting less than 30 seconds each to fit

W/blades at £60 ,seen you coming ,there at most £8 each.
Alway remember to put a bit of carpet on w/sheild when changing blades just in case arm flys forward and smacks the screen,i have seen a few smashed doing this

I also recommend Tayna (it's not Tanya) batteries, excellent prices and service.

Mind you I was desperate to get them done I would have put them on upside down![/QUOTE]

Apparently you get what you pay for, those £60 Halfrauds wipers must have been pretty special!

Apparently you get what you pay for, those £60 Halfrauds wipers must have been pretty special![/QUOTE]

For £60 I'd want a bikini-clad beauty to ride shotgun for a week and hop out on demand and give my screen a wipe... but then I am delusional...

I also recommend Tayna (it's not Tanya) batteries, excellent prices and service.

Yep, I've also used Tayna, no problem, very quick delivery, great price, also used others also found on Ebay with similar results, - all been cheaper than I can get trade.... for me Halfords are a 'last-resort I'm desperate' place to go...

Yep, I've also used Tayna, no problem, very quick delivery, great price, also used others also found on Ebay with similar results, - all been cheaper than I can get trade.... for me Halfords are a 'last-resort I'm desperate' place to go...

Not sure if i'd even use them then :rolleyes2:

But they're great for a, trendy looking, colour matching, shiny looking, over priced, set of tools, served by an even more trendy looking, colour matching, shiny looking yuth, who dosen't know what a distributor cap is.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back