Haircuts!

I'm not happy about the grey kicking in and do have to get it done every eight weeks which cost me £30 ish ... I have a hairdresser over and I think that's s good price considering my last trip to the hairdressers for cut and colour was £180 ....I swore then never again.. that's a lot of fuel money !!

Friend of mine hasn't washed his hair in the last twenty years or so, he wears it long and is a nice silky silver/grey. He says that for a few weeks of not washing it, it looked oily and messy but as the weeks went on it started to become what it is today - a nice head of hair.

I never truly wash my hair,rather a quick rinse if I've been doing something particularly dusty or dirty,washing with shampoo,soap etc is the worst thing you can do as it strips out the natural oils which keep hair clean. The entire hair care industry just seems like a massive con,they sell something to wash hair,then sell something else to repair the damage they caused in the first place,then the vicious cycle continues while they simultaneously wreck your hair and empty your wallet.

Blinky show orf! Piccie to prove? ey? ey? :D

You've posted that to pee off the slap heads on here, you bad boy!! :hammer: :raofl:;)

Anyway, I certainly don't faff about with my hair, thank you very much :p:p :D

Ha ha, I am a slap head on top but can still sit on it, did have a real long beard but got fed up with that and chopped it off. Its always me taking the pics so not got anything recent that shows length of hair but will put one up when I get one :)

Nothing wrong with being a So say ‘Slap Head’,
On Hot Days I Put Sun Screen On it, On Cold Days I pull he Hairs from my Back up a bit Further to Cover it.

Yep Best of Both really!.

& I DAREN'T Grow a Beard, HEAVENS NO !.
I wouldn’t know what way up to put my Head on in the Morning!.

I knew a guy in Derbyshire, biker friend, had long blonde hair looked like a viking.

When he took his top off he was completely covered all over in thick, soft blonde hair - and I mean completely! - all over Back, front, arms, legs ... hey, stop it! I certainly don't know about anywhere else, only saw him stripped off during the day when it was hot in lots of company :p ;)

Now that's hirsute. He was just like a human teddy bear - amazing! :)

Sooo MSG,
With all this ‘Lengthy’ advice What are you going to do about your Flowing Locks

Take my chances, I guess. It's not really a biggie. If I get the occasional bad haircut on the road so what, it'll grow again.

Anyway, Neil might become very adept with the hairdressing scissors as we go along ;) :D

PS mr brown's suggestion about doing a quick hairdressing course is a pretty good idea. Funny enough I've always fancied having a go at it.

Last edited:
Separate shears for Dog and James.

I used to have a Pulp Fiction power bob when I worked. No way would I have found anyone capable of cutting as Robert did (a half French and half Italian Edward Scissorhands ... I used to drive to Kingston on Thames from Bristol to see him!). So when we started travelling I let it grow ... hair chop every 10 months now.

Have decided that I LIKE long hair ... wear it long when clean. Plaits, tied back etc. Only thing at don’t like is the long hairs clogging the shower drain etc.

BUT NOT PREPARED to go grey yet! Three years ago my local hairdresser, who did the colour, sold me a load of product, which I now get off the Internet. James dons pinny and rubber gloves and does a half decent job.

Have seen hairdressers on aires in Spain and Portugal offering their services, but everyone I spoke to said it was a bad cut! Think it must’ve been that bowl and scalpel.

Recent events have got me thinking.

My old banger broke down on the way to the hairdressers last week.

I don't have anything fancy done, just a quick bit of cheap sheep shearing to stop it getting in my eyes and irritating me - which it's doing now as I never got there!

How does everyone go about hair cutting when you're out on the road?
The blokes probably don't have so much of a problem with this one - partners cut with those trimming/shaving devices or they do it themselves? Or a trip to the nearest hairdresser for a short back & sides? If it's long I guess a pony tail does the job, or not...? ;)

I'm very lucky in that I have wash'n'go type hair, sort of curly and does it's own thing (a godsend for van life!)

I remember having a discussion with Minisorella about this subject a few years ago when I advised her to just let her hair go its own way - d'you remember, Jenny? ;) Anyway, don't know if she kept it up or not, but with my hair the only important thing to keeping it looking OK is the actual haircut itself. I know, I know! Pure vanity! :)

There aren't many good hairdressers around who know how to cut curly hair. At a pinch I could just about cut it myself, but it's quite hard to do and I just know I'd end up looking like a busted mattress! Do you just have to to risk it with any old hairdressers while out on the road?

So, is this a topic that causes problems for any of our full timers and what solutions do you have, if any?

Yesterday I bought some clippers and plugged them into the inverter. So cut it myself.

6 pages on topic. is this thread going to brake all records .,more important did you get. Your ride fixed .as for hair removal I have a monthly SBC..:scared::scared::scared:

6 pages on topic. is this thread going to brake all records .,more important did you get. Your ride fixed .as for hair removal I have a monthly SBC..:scared::scared::scared:

Most members on here with hair, seem to be one of 50 shades of grey, should be combined with the grey waste threads,
then submitted to the Guinness Book of Grey Thread Records.

I cut my wife's hair yesterday and she cut mine.

It was boiling hot but we found a spot in the shade outside so all the cut off hair was being collected by the birds to build their nests.

Marie have you thought anymore about cutting your own hair, it's well worth a try and if you cut it outside there is no mess.

Give it a go !

Trip Advisor has posted reviews on all sorts of businesses people have tried when away from home so maybe there are Hairdresser reviews as well on there? At least it might help steer you away from the dodgier ones?

Okay I have resisted as long as I can, please explain proper use of this implement Rae :)
It's to get your fridge level

comb.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back