Google Maps rant

Don’t know how you lot manage to get anywhere using Google maps. Yet again it failed us tonight, Shane was using it for sat nav when we went to look at a van for him. Opened up Apple Maps and it took us straight to the right place half a mile up the road

I use the Life360 free version, as Phill tends to wander up into the Black Mountains without telling me and the clouds come down so quickly, thank you Jo001.
I didn't know about Google maps tracking, thanks barryd.
There isn't a free version of this app. You get a seven day free trial but thereafter you need to pay a subscription...

Garmin Inreach uses Iridium satellite, so works outdoors where there is no cell phone coverage. It can track every 2 mins and is also good for getting a message through. Not cheap.

Don’t know how you lot manage to get anywhere using Google maps. Yet again it failed us tonight, Shane was using it for sat nav when we went to look at a van for him. Opened up Apple Maps and it took us straight to the right place half a mile up the road
Apple is a old linux platform from early days only its locked to themselves, afendus a mono/give us your money. 😂

Apple is a old linux platform from early days only its locked to themselves, afendus a mono/give us your money. 😂
No different from Samsung, prices the same for equivalent products. Apple just set up to take the market with iPhones and succeeded, everyone else has just followed no matter what folks say lol.

I always preferred Vauxhall to Ford as well, Vix always seemed a bit more sport/hooligan where Ford was more family focussed. This is in regard to normal cars not things like the GT40 or Mustang lol. The exception for me was one of the last 3.0l Capri’s, absolute banging car, (literally if you floored the accelerator, it stayed put and just bounced rear wheels up and down to you let off enough for it to grip 😂😂😂😂

There isn't a free version of this app. You get a seven day free trial but thereafter you need to pay a subscription...
I promise you, I do not pay.
"The Life360 app is available for free on both Android and iOS devices. If you would like to access more advanced features, such as individual driving reports, emergency dispatch, roadside assistance, and more, we offer membership plans that suit a variety of lifestyles and budgets."​

I promise you, I do not pay.
"The Life360 app is available for free on both Android and iOS devices. If you would like to access more advanced features, such as individual driving reports, emergency dispatch, roadside assistance, and more, we offer membership plans that suit a variety of lifestyles and budgets."​
You are correct.

I joined years ago and still pay a fixed £20 a year but get the benefits of the current £7 a month plan and a bit more besides!

For free it's a must have app I would say!

Back